+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think the praise Eli is getting is genuine?

I don't know, for some reason I get the feeling like some of these media clowns are finally admitting he's elite because they have to. I still get the feeling like there is some reluctance to admitting that Eli is a great QB. It's like, well I guess he's elite because he's won 2 SB's and he's doing things that the greats do or have done in the past.

It bothers me man, I just feel like there is still some doubt there about Eli in some circles. Like people can't believe that Peyton's little brother is doing what he's doing. Like they can't believe it or just don't want to admit it, but they have to.

I know I shouldn't give a rat's ***** but I do. I feel like if he has any kind of a letdown next year people are going to jump all over it and start questioning him again. Even people on these boards. When you hear people saying asking if Tom Brady's HOF legacy is tainted now because he lost his last two SB's, it tells you nobody is sacred with these media morons.

Sorry, I'm just venting about it because I just feel with some of these "experts" the praise isn't genuine and it pi$$es me off!

Re: Do you think the praise Eli is getting is genuine?

These were the same experts who NEVER gave us a chance all year... Let them to continue to count us out. Its worked out well for us before.

its just hard because they have to say it while eating all their past words
    it will get easier for them, at least they are finally admitting it

best was watching Tim Hasselback on a Canadian sports channel praising Coughlin...it was like he was choking the words out he's ripped him so much in the past...I actually laughed at him

screw the media, we know he's Elite. His teammates know he is elite. He knows he is elite.

From hard-core football people (former players, former coaches), absolutely.

From the average talking head? Probably 50%

[quote user="bansaw"]its just hard because they have to say it while eating all their past words

best was watching Tim Hasselback on a Canadian sports channel praising Coughlin...it was like he was choking the words out he's ripped him so much in the past...I actually laughed at him

[/quote]

Yeah or when Steve Young was saying that Eli is doing things that the greats have done, so by definition, that must mean he is great.

The respect he has from his coaches and teammates is genuine. The Lombardi's are genuine.

And you're right - you "shouldn't give a rat's *****"

[quote user="chasjay"]The respect he has from his coaches and teammates is genuine. The Lombardi's are genuine.

And you're right - you "shouldn't give a rat's *****"
    [/quote]

I know, you're right.

You would think after this playoff performance which Eli dominated in would get genuine praises. I think most of it is from phonies though. He won so they feel that they have to praise him. I remember seeing so many analysts like the Chris Carlin (loud mouths) and Carton (Boomer and Carton show) bashing the Giants and Eli before the super bowl. Yesterday, Carton is wearing a Brady jersey to mock Giant fans and said Giants got lucky. And today, he is at the Giants parade interviewing Giant players. You got Skip Bayless with his constant insults on Eli and Coughlin.

Next year if Eli has a bad game, they will say Eli is bum and will forget all about what he did in the playoffs and his championships. Eli and Giants won't ever get their full respect from other fans, media or vegas.

[quote user="bansaw"]its just hard because they have to say it while eating all their past words

[/quote]

LOLOL

saw that.