+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

on another note Parcells snub from HOF

Come on Willy Roaf yes he was solid but no rings ???

Parcells has 2 and took bad franchises to the top. I think that was a huge mistake.

Not only that look at all his clones Tom, Belicheck etc even Sean payton.

All-Pro

Re: on another note Parcells snub from HOF

yeah was a little surprised by this ... he was much better with the media than Belichick is ... altho Bill was quite cordial this week

and Parcell gave the press some good info, even if at times he was using the media to get messages to the players

not sure why they hate him sooo much as to have it affect their objectivity

Perfect time to induct him too. Superbowl of Giants/Pats?

Rumor down in this area is that a writer in Tampa brought up Parcells coming close to terms twice with the Bucs only to jilt them at the last second both times as something that deterred him from getting in.

obviously the voters hold grudges...very petty...

Parcells is the very definition of a HOFer

[quote user="FLNYGFAN"]Rumor down in this area is that a writer in Tampa brought up Parcells coming close to terms twice with the Bucs only to jilt them at the last second both times as something that deterred him from getting in.[/quote]He also did it to the Giants once.

Parcells should have gotten a jacket. I think there is some pettiness and grudge-holding among the media, regardless of how objective they all claim to be. I don't want to pick the recipient who got in that Parcells should have replaced - but Parcells should have been there.

Banned

Sad thing is HOF is allowed 7 nominations so they could have stuck him in. But truth is even that last spot should have been filled with someone else. Both C Carter and Brown not in the hall is a travesty that needs to be corrected.

Plus lets face it: Parcells is likely to go back into the NFL within the next 2 years anyways.

[quote user="sheepdip"]Come on Willy Roaf yes he was solid but no rings* ???

Parcells has 2 and took bad franchises to the top. I think that was a huge mistake.

Not only that look at all his clones Tom, Belicheck etc even Sean payton.

[/quote]

The hot rumor is that it was an intential snub from people who got their feathers ruffled by Parcels.

Knowing Parcels, I wouldn't doubt it.

If Marv Levy can make the HoF, it's only a matter of time before the Tuna gets in.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)