+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Is Connecticut Giant country?

I live in Fairfield county Connecticut and every one I know is a Giant fan. We all have season tickets and go to the games. I see giant flags, hats and shirts every where. After all the Big Blue played at the Yale bowl and practiced in Fairfield. Don't some of the Maras live in Ct. Why are we being left out?

Re: Is Connecticut Giant country?

Half and half I think. My son lives in Branford, Ct. and when we visit I see more GIANTS related "stuff" on cars and in stores, but I think as you move north on 95 it gets more Patriots-ish
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

West of New Britain is Giants. I grew up in western CT and all were Giant fans. East of Hartford is mostly Pats, I believe.

[quote user="keyofgmen"]West of New Britain is Giants. I grew up in western CT and all were Giant fans. East of Hartford is mostly Pats, I believe.[/quote]

Not really, I'm in SE CT it's a good mix. A bit more north of here and it starts getting Pats heavy off the shore and into RI.

most of Bristol are pats fans I think

Bench Player

[quote user="Dr. D"]I live in Fairfield county Connecticut and every one I know is a Giant fan. We all have season tickets and go to the games. I see giant flags, hats and shirts every where. After all the Big Blue played at the Yale bowl and practiced in Fairfield. Don't some of the Maras live in Ct. Why are we being left out?[/quote]

It is in the tri state area but at the same time im sure northern connecticutgoes withnew england.

I havent figured it out, the stores around here generally do not have much giants stuff, but always have pats stuff for sale.

But I know quite a few more giants fans than pats fans.

Im in New Britain, btw

I live in the North West and it seems in my town its Giants, however if you listen to the evening news, most of the local yokel sports reporters have a man crush on Brady and the Pats, after that its only high school sports...

Banned

I'm from Bridgeport and I can pretty much vouch for the city that there are more Giants fans there than Patriot fans. I live in Waterbury now and the Walmart in town had a huge Giants canopy as soon as you walk in the store with all kind of G-Men items for sale. I would think that the closer u get to Mass, the more the fanbase becomes more New England friendly.

If memory serves me right, the Pats did not exist before 1960 so a lot of friends in Mass told me that they were rooting for the Giants being the only team around. I guess the oldtimers are most likely Giants fans. The jets also were founded in 1960 under the name NY Titans.