+ Reply to Thread

Jaquian Williams

So this is suppose to be our nickel linebacker? This dude is terrible in coverage....I would rather have Pierce come out of retirement. We do people on here think that just because an athlete is fast, he can automatically be a great cover guy? The guy looked like a chicken with his head cut off in coverage....and he gets clobbered on the runs.

Re: Jaquian Williams

[quote user="T-Murda84"]So this is suppose to be our nickel linebacker? This dude is terrible in coverage....I would rather have Pierce come out of retirement. We do people on here think that just because an athlete is fast, he can automatically be a great cover guy? The guy looked like a chicken with his head cut off in coverage....and he gets clobbered on the runs.[/quote]

He's young and had very limited Collge experience. He did look lost out there today, but he has the tools to eventually become a good one.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]So this is suppose to be our nickel linebacker? This dude is terrible in coverage....I would rather have Pierce come out of retirement. We do people on here think that just because an athlete is fast, he can automatically be a great cover guy? The guy looked like a chicken with his head cut off in coverage....and he gets clobbered on the runs.[/quote]

+1
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

[quote user="RobCarpenter"]

He's young and had very limited Collge experience.** He did look lost out there today, but he has the tools to eventually become a good one.

[/quote]

Young with very limited college experience? Is that what is necessary to be a linebacker on the Giants roster now a days??? Just asking.

All-Pro

[quote user="PlaxFanStill"][quote user="RobCarpenter"]

He's young and had very limited Collge experience. He did look lost out there today, but he has the tools to eventually become a good one.

[/quote]

Young with very limited college experience? Is that what is necessary to be a linebacker on the Giants roster now a days??? Just asking.[/quote]

Well who exactly do they have left? Blackburn may have played well today, but he was just signed off of the street a few days ago. I thought the ideal would be Boley as the cover LB. I didn't see much of the game so I don't know.

[quote user="PlaxFanStill"][quote user="RobCarpenter"]

[/quote] Young with very limited college experience? Is that what is necessary to be a linebacker on the Giants roster now a days??? Just asking.[/quote]

He was a very late round draft cloice. It was known he was raw, but had strong tools / upside.

I think we need to be patient with him, but he shouldn't be counted on for meaningful minues this season. Someone needs to tell Fewell that...