+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mario is overrated/Who says Osi is leaving?/BJ should stay

1. Mario Manningham is overrated.

I understand Mario was playing hurt this year but there were a bunch of games in which he would just disappear. As a third string WR on a team with Cruz and Nicks you should constantly be getting open. On top of that, this guy is notorious for running the wrong routes. Mario is good don't get me wrong but he won't be worth the amount of money he wants. He is replaceable.

2. Why is Osi leaving?

The man still has one year left on his contract at the same price. Let him hold out again all he wants. He signed a deal and now has to honor it. Osi is great. When he plays he is a serious threat. If he wasn't hurt he would have put up a lot more sacks than he already did. The guy averaged about a sack a game.

3. Keep BJ

BJ is hated on for no reason. It's very hard to be put in the game for one or two plays then be taken out again. The guy can't get into a groove. Plus when he is put in the defense can lead toward a run play. Jacobs is a beast and complements Bradshaw so well. He pounds and pounds. When he is able to turn the corner and gain momentum he runs people over.

Lastly, draft heavily on the o-line, get a te, lb and corner.

Sorry Kareem.

Re: Mario is overrated/Who says Osi is leaving?/BJ should stay

Manningham has speed which is nice to have for your 3rd option. I am sure some team will over pay and Reese will find a solid 3rd option.

Osi is a tough call. The guy has been injury prone and doesn't play the run well. It would be good to keep him as a pass rush rotation guy. Never can enough pass rushers and he is an impact guy.

I would keep Jacobs if the price is right. He doesn't show up all the time but I think he has a couple of years left in him.

Definitely need to upgrade at Right tackle.

Looks like we will need a TE

If TT comes back healthy and Prince progresses we should be OK at Corner.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]Manningham has speed which is nice to have for your 3rd option. I am sure some team will over pay and Reese will find a solid 3rd option.

Osi is a tough call. The guy has been injury prone and doesn't play the run well. It would be good to keep him as a pass rush rotation guy. Never can enough pass rushers and he is an impact guy.

I would keep Jacobs if the price is right. He doesn't show up all the time but I think he has a couple of years left in him.

Definitely need to upgrade at Right tackle.

Looks like we will need a TE

If TT comes back healthy and Prince progresses we should be OK at Corner.[/quote]

JJ has speed. Worth a shot. Osi isn't getting paid as much as he is worth and BJ took a pay cut. As for corner, if TT comes back we should be fine. Bruce Johnson and was playing well before he got hurt too.

all the backup corners were actually playing pretty well until they got hurt.

Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon to name a few

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]1. Mario Manningham is overrated.

I understand Mario was playing hurt this year but there were a bunch of games in which he would just disappear. As a third string WR on a team with Cruz and Nicks you should constantly be getting open. On top of that, this guy is notorious for running the wrong routes. Mario is good don't get me wrong but he won't be worth the amount of money he wants. He is replaceable.

2. Why is Osi leaving?

The man still has one year left on his contract at the same price. Let him hold out again all he wants. He signed a deal and now has to honor it. Osi is great. When he plays he is a serious threat. If he wasn't hurt he would have put up a lot more sacks than he already did. The guy averaged about a sack a game.

3. Keep BJ

BJ is hated on for no reason. It's very hard to be put in the game for one or two plays then be taken out again. The guy can't get into a groove. Plus when he is put in the defense can lead toward a run play. Jacobs is a beast and complements Bradshaw so well. He pounds and pounds. When he is able to turn the corner and gain momentum he runs people over.

Sorry Kareem.[/quote]
    +1 on all of it (I had just started a post saying the same points about Osi before I realized that you had already said the same thing).

The run game got better at the end of the year, but I'm not banking on that being a trend. I think the o-line was the real cause in production and want to see it improved, HOWEVER, I'm not keep BJ for $4.4 mil per year. I think AB is even being paid too much for someone who is chronically playing injured. AB is my favorite Giant and he's tough as nails, but not for the $4 or $5 million that he's getting per year. They both need to take at least small cuts that we can apply towards keeping other players.

DRAFT: Always best player available, but ideally o-line and secondary (too many FA, health questions, and age regarding Ross, TT, and Grant respectively).

Why are so many people high on getting a TE? Ballard was having a monster season and Pascoe is an excellent # 2 TE and # 2 FB. Ballard is NOT going to get a lot of money this year coming off of an injury (will he be healthy in time for next season?). Ballard and Pascoe and certainly good, and cheap enough, that we can spend our money elsewhere.

BJ still has 1 yr left on his contract at $4.5 million. I can tell you right now they aren't paying him that so he will restructure...I know he wants to retire a Giant.

1.money
    2.if they can get a 2 and 5 for him
    3.cut in pay keep him

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]1. Mario Manningham is overrated.

2. Why is Osi leaving?

3. Keep BJ

Sorry Kareem.[/quote]
    +1 on all of it (I had just started a post saying the same points about Osi before I realized that you had already said the same thing).

The run game got better at the end of the year, but I'm not banking on that being a trend. I think the o-line was the real cause in production and want to see it improved, HOWEVER, I'm not keep BJ for $4.4 mil per year. I think AB is even being paid too much for someone who is chronically playing injured. AB is my favorite Giant and he's tough as nails, but not for the $4 or $5 million that he's getting per year. They both need to take at least small cuts that we can apply towards keeping other players.

DRAFT: Always best player available, but ideally o-line and secondary (too many FA, health questions, and age regarding Ross, TT, and Grant respectively).

Why are so many people high on getting a TE? Ballard was having a monster season and Pascoe is an excellent # 2 TE and # 2 FB. Ballard is NOT going to get a lot of money this year coming off of an injury (will he be healthy in time for next season?). Ballard and Pascoe and certainly good, and cheap enough, that we can spend our money elsewhere.[/quote]

I love what Ballard gave us this year. But I believe it's been confirmed he has an ACL. If true, he's not seeing the field in 2012.

Same with Beckum. He may have shot his last chance as a Giant. Just when he was beginning to show little bits and pieces of what he can do, over the last 8 games. I feel bad for him.

We truly are at a point, this time, where we need to draft a TE (not 1st round).

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]1. Mario Manningham is overrated. I understand Mario was playing hurt this year but there were a bunch of games in which he would just disappear. As a third string WR on a team with Cruz and Nicks you should constantly be getting open. On top of that, this guy is notorious for running the wrong routes. Mario is good don't get me wrong but he won't be worth the amount of money he wants. He is replaceable. 2. Why is Osi leaving? The man still has one year left on his contract at the same price. Let him hold out again all he wants. He signed a deal and now has to honor it. Osi is great. When he plays he is a serious threat. If he wasn't hurt he would have put up a lot more sacks than he already did. The guy averaged about a sack a game. 3. Keep BJ BJ is hated on for no reason. It's very hard to be put in the game for one or two plays then be taken out again. The guy can't get into a groove. Plus when he is put in the defense can lead toward a run play. Jacobs is a beast and complements Bradshaw so well. He pounds and pounds. When he is able to turn the corner and gain momentum he runs people over. Lastly, draft heavily on the o-line, get a te, lb and corner. Sorry Kareem.[/quote]

one unique thing with MM is his abilty for sideline grabs. I am not just saying that because of the SB catch either. He has done it a few times. Not every WR has that skill set. He will be offered too much to keep probably but I wouldnt diminish his contributionsat all. Plus he had a very good post season.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The only thing I'm sure of is that Jerry Reese knows more about this stuff than ANYBODY who posts on this message board.

And even he doesn't have all the answers. But he does the best he can. His best signings during the last off-season were the players he didn't sign and one he did - Wetherford.