+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

First time at the new stadium today

Positives:

* Got to see our boys with the trophy.

* Put on an excellent video show -- not sure if Giants.com will have it up...The video was roughly 8-10 minutes long and it showed all of our big plays since the Pierre-Paul block in Dallas synced with the radio calls...well done to whomever put it together

* Great way to end the season...with 35,000+ fellow rabid diehard Giants fans.

Negatives:

* Quality and quantity of staffing was very poor. Lines were long because the vendors had a very tough time giving change and doing their job properly.

* Corridors were very narrow and nearly caused big problems with the mass crowds crowding into the one section of the stadium that was open.

* Way too many "indentations" in the stadium levels. You can no longer plainly walk around the same level around the stadium without having to go up or down to get around the luxury boxes.

I may get killed for the negatives. I understand that this is a once in a year scenario, at best, or -- if you're the Jets, once every 42 years. Overall, the quality of the staff at the stadium create chaos for the fans...whether it's the ones in the parking lot not doing a good job of directing traffic -- or the ones at the Cheesesteak stands not putting enough meat on the grill even though the line is out the wazoooo. I know it's nitpicking -- and who really cares...GO BLUE BABY!!!!

Banned

Re: First time at the new stadium today

[quote user="BluTri10"]

Positives:

* Put on an excellent video show -- not sure if Giants.com will have it up...The video was roughly 8-10 minutes long and it showed all of our big plays since the Pierre-Paul block in Dallas synced with the radio calls...well done to whomever put it together

Negatives:

* Quality and quantity of staffing was very poor. Lines were long because the vendors had a very tough time giving change and doing their job properly.

* Corridors were very narrow and nearly caused big problems with the mass crowds crowding into the one section of the stadium that was open.

* Way too many "indentations" in the stadium levels. You can no longer plainly walk around the same level around the stadium without having to go up or down to get around the luxury boxes.

I may get killed for the negatives. I understand that this is a once in a year scenario, at best, or -- if you're the Jets, once every 42 years. Overall, the quality of the staff at the stadium create chaos for the fans...whether it's the ones in the parking lot not doing a good job of directing traffic -- or the ones at the Cheesesteak stands not putting enough meat on the grill even though the line is out the wazoooo. I know it's nitpicking -- and who really cares...GO BLUE BABY!!!!

[/quote]

I hate the stadium but the staffing I'm sure was not like a regular game. Lines are for most part pretty good

I've read every review possible about the stadium.

I absolutely love the stadium. it DOES feel like home. If having to go up an extra escalator to get to your seat is the biggest complaint I'd say they did a pretty nice job.

Took me almost two hours to get out of the parking lot which never happens during the season that was the the only bad thing for me all day

Veteran

You're probably right NYG. I just need to go there a few times I guess. Just an overreaction. Bad job on my part!!

I watched this team at Yankee Stadium,yale bowl,shea stadium ,Giant Stadium and the new Giant Stadium ok METLIFE I like it! 4 times in two years I fly up from florida.

Man I really dont think they expected THAT many people to show up, you are being really low balling it there. It was possibly 50k or more people. The ENTIRE lower section was filled and the 2nd and 3rd level facing where the Stage was was filled out as well. WELL over half of the stadium was filled up if not more.

I have a strong feeling the Giants felt as if there would be maybe 15-20k people there, and were SHOCKED when all of the people that showed up did

Veteran

Per WFAN just now on the 20/20 flash...estimated crowd of 30,000...

[quote user="Connor"]Man I really dont think they expected THAT many people to show up, you are being really low balling it there. It was possibly 50k or more people. The ENTIRE lower section was filled and the 2nd and 3rd level facing where the Stage was was filled out as well. WELL over half of the stadium was filled up if not more.

I have a strong feeling the Giants felt as if there would be maybe 15-20k people there, and were SHOCKED when all of the people that showed up did[/quote]

Sorry, no way the entire lower section was filled. Stadium was maybe 1/3 full. Still completely understaffed though.

[quote user="BluTri10"]

Positives:

Negatives:

[/quote]

Think about the logistics involved. GIANTS won Sunday night, let's have fans over on Tuesday afternoon.....
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1