+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Ballard vs Gronk complete opposites

on 1 hand you have a guy like Ballard already with a bad leg and to watch him try and run on the giants sideline and that was awful seeing him collapse to the ground than on the other team you have Gronk dancing around like he was on top of the world.

Ballard man you da man. Gronk man grow up

Re: Ballard vs Gronk complete opposites

Ballard has a ring,and dances better!

I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type...

they also had completely different injuries.

Gronk had a high ankle sprain, which means he couldnt really push off it, but he should have no problem standing or dancing on it, provided hes not doing any jumping.

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type...[/quote]

Well then you are dumb . . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type...[/quote]

Well then you are dumb . . . . .[/quote]

Agreed that is just stupid.. It was horrible judgement on Gronks part to be out dancing after the game. However, that has nothing to do with his dedication to his team on the field. He manned up and played through a bad injury. Obviously he wasn't that effective, but he gave it his all.

Starter

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="Toadofsteel"]I'd rather have someone like a (healthy) Ballard type on my team any day over a Gronk type...[/quote]

Well then you are dumb . . . . .[/quote]

Our offense doesn't even utilize a Gronk type tight end, I like Ballard and all the guys we get who are blockers first and catchers second. It isn't glamorous but that is the way Giant TE have always been and I appreciate them much more than just some big guy turned WR put in the middle and called a TE. Gronk is great this isn't a slight against him but in all reality I like our physical TEs better. I always think it is awesome when our TE catches a ball and then steam roles 3 guys as he out slows guys up the field, it isn't ideal in todays new offenses but it is epic.

Yeah Ballard at least tried to give it a go while the other guy while all you heard was how hurt he was.I tell you one thing had the Pats won that game all you woulda heard was how much heart this guy had for playing hurt.which I think was overblown,Ballard injury was legit and it showed when he tried to get back on the field.The other guy after losing the biggest game of his life went out dancing on the same ankle the media claimed was hurt so bad,(YEAH RIGHT).Congrats to Ballard for trying to give it a go even with that type of injury.

[quote user="sheepdip"]on 1 hand you have a guy like Ballard already with a bad leg and to watch him try and run on the giants sideline and that was awful seeing him collapse to the ground than on the other team you have Gronk dancing around like he was on top of the world.

Ballard man you da man. Gronk man grow up[/quote]
    It doesn't surprise me that you need a disclaimer in your signature stating "I am not a homer nor am I a Troll" when you post something like this. This is obviously a deliberately ignorant and moronic statement designed to get people riled up.

Gronk was injured in the 3rd quarter of the AFC Championship game. He tore multiple ligaments in his ankle, a severe injury that requires arthroscopic surgery and has a 10-week recovery period. He was taken into the locker room for examination and RETURNED THE VERY NEXT SERIES. He was blocking on the play when Tom Brady rushed for the game winning touchdown.

I realize that, instead of dancing, Gronk could have been doing more to help his team win a game that had ended hours earlier - perhaps sitting in his hotel room and building a time machine. But comparing Ballard falling to Gronk dancing is roughly as stupid as saying that Gronk is better because he played through his injury while Ballard gave up in the biggest game of the season.

[quote user="cornerback30"]Yeah Ballard at least tried to give it a go while the other guy while all you heard was how hurt he was.I tell you one thing had the Pats won that game all you woulda heard was how much heart this guy had for playing hurt.which I think was overblown,Ballard injury was legit and it showed when he tried to get back on the field.The other guy after losing the biggest game of his life went out dancing on the same ankle the media claimed was hurt so bad,(YEAH RIGHT).Congrats to Ballard for trying to give it a go even with that type of injury.
    [/quote]

So you are saying Gronk's injury wasn't legit. So Brady decided to throw only one ball to his best playmaker all day. The same guy that caught 8 passes for 101 yards against us in the regular season game. Gronk showed toughness just coming on the field. That is a typical 4week injury and he was out there in two. I like Ballard and all but Gronk is a flat out beast. He just made a stupid decision after the game. To say you'd rather have Ballard because you saw him try and run 10 yards on the sideline after getting hurt, is just stupid.