+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With Ballard Torn ACL, Is TE a priority?

Decent question to be brought up is since we now lost 2 tight ends to torn acl's in literally the last game of the season for any team, the odds of either of them being back and anywhere near 100% by the start of the season is wishfull thinking.

So with that being said does that make TE a priority in either the draft or free agency? If so who are we going to bring in?

Does Reese really believe that Ballard is the long term solution at tight end? I for one loved him but is far from a "good" tight end, I would put him more at average and would love to see him as the 2nd TE on the roster, with Pascoe still on teh team as a sub player if ever there is an injury at the FB or TE position

Veteran

Re: With Ballard Torn ACL, Is TE a priority?

I dunno if it'll be a first round, but I'd say it's definitely something they need to address

Yup, it's becoming a tight end league. But even more of a priority for us is linebackers. Particularly one who can cover tight ends.

Veteran

I would say it's something the front office needs to address. However, not addressing perceived 'needs' worked out pretty well last season.

[quote user="krygny"]Yup, it's becoming a tight end league. But even more of a priority for us is linebackers. Particularly one who can cover tight ends.

[/quote]
    I don't think that LB is a priority anymore -- o-line and secondary are (Ross will probably be gone, TT is coming off injury, and Grant is older).

IF Ballard can be ready for next season, then I wouldn't even address TE. Ballard and Pascoe are a nice and INEXPENSIVE TE combo. Spend the money elsewhere.

LB OL TE

In that order

even with jake's season, we needed at TE.

i'd love a road grading TE. real beast.

[quote user="GIANTfaninFL"]LB OL TE

In that order[/quote]

Yup.

Kid from Georgia is the pick I've seen mocked for us on some mock drafts thus far,and Hightower from Bama.With both of our TEs out I'd say Reese will definitely get one early

Can you imagine this offense w/a TE threat!!? Scary!!