+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Connecticut giants country?

I want to get to the bottom of this. I watched the parade and listened to the event at MetLife stadium on the radio. I get that they play in New Jersy but when you go far enough down the turnpike it becomes Eagles territory. So if a1/3 of NJ is Eagle land and 1/2 of CT is Pats country what's the deal? Plus let's not forget about jets. Don't they take up a chunk of the NY and NJ fan base? I just think it would have been nice for CT that has deep old school Giants roots to be included or even mentioned once.

Re: Connecticut giants country?

Im a born n bred NYer, but I def give some props to CT for their Giants fandom and old school Giants Tradition. It is kind of a unreasonable snub when you hear them talking about us and NJ and we forget CT.

Hell, CT IS part of the Tri-State Area, LOL
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Starter

I grew up in CT and am a diehard Giants fan. Giants dominate in southern CT -- many season ticket holders too.

I live in VA now, but make at least 1 game per year. Saw them beat Philly at the Link this year!

Bench Player

I grew up in NYC, but now live in New Haven. Mostly Giants, few Jets, some Pats.

And don't forget the Yale Bowl was the home field for the Giants in 1973-74 while they were building Giants Stadium. The Bowl was also the site of the first Giants-Jets game, preseason 1969. After the Giants lost that game, Mara fired Allie Sherman, and replaced him with Giant great, Alex Webster. That didn't work out too well either.