+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Okay now that we won I can reveal the list

1) Christmas Tree went up right before Jets game and just came down yesterday.
    2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa
    3) had to lay the #10 XXXXL Manning Jersey over the Tan Recliner in same spot.
    4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week.
    5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam.

6) had to have the remote on the back of black sofa half way over seam.
    7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest.
    8) had to have working cell phone face down on its spot on wicker chest
    9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen..
    10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table

11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up
    12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time
    13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game
    14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game
    15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge

16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room
    17) had to wear bandaid on left foot put on prior to 2nd Dallas game
    18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest
    19) another stack of mags and newspapers spot on fireplace
    20) in my room an old tuesday newspaper with,another Mag on
    top of it with a pair of crew socks on that in front of drawer of desk

21) another pair of socks on top of package of toliet paper
    22) meds I usually put in pillbox stacked on counter since before jets game
    23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game
    24) heating blanket on son and fiancÚ
    25) cat had to be in room on floor or on her litttle stool

26) icemaker that is not hooked up to water supply in family room
    fridge was going on and off calling for water since prior to jets game
    27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it
    28) son didn't cut toenails since prior to jets game (gross)
    29) had not washed his car since prior to jets game
    30) prob missing a few.......

Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything.....

I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets game
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Okay now that we won I can reveal the list

rofl

That is awesome.

Sorry I know it's a nonsense post...

But we were just trying to do our part.lol

Also stopped posting in Gameday thread prior to jets game while game was going on.

Also ended my Post Counts each week prior to kickoff with either a 77 or 777 at the end of it

Now that I put this to a post and see it all written out.....
    Man were we crazy or what... Seem stupid now looking at it

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="Drez"]

rofl

That is awesome.

[/quote]
    Well u guys tell me what some of yours were. I know we all had them. Some admitted them.. Some kept them to themselves...
    Some ashamed to say them.

I held back on most cause no one knew about them while it was going on and I didn't want to be the one to,screw it up. Lol

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]1) Christmas Tree went up right before Jets game and just came down yesterday. 2) had to lay out the #27 Hampton Jersery on to big throw pillows in exact same spot on black sofa 3) had to lay the #10 XXXXL Manning Jersey over the Tan Recliner in same spot. 4) had to lay the 58 Jersey over the corner of the wicker chest in exact spot each week. 5) had to have the non working Cell phone on arm of black sofa face down half way over the split in seam. 6) had to have the remote on the back of black sofa half way over seam. 7) had to have cell phone case and surround sound remote in their spots on top of wicker chest. 8) had to have working cell phone face down on its spot on wicker chest 9) had to have each person in their assigned seats, with wife in black recliner half way in room and half way in kitchen.. 10) had to have her pile on snack table of 2 health books, 2 dollar general receipts with5 dollar off coupon on them, cell phone Manuel all,stacked in its spot on table 11) had to have the IPad on the arm of the other black sofa switched off and facing screen up 12) had to have sons Walmart bag of mini cheddar chip bags and pastatios, and bottles of coke on floor tied up. Only can be eaten and drank at half time 13) weed whacker line left in bridal wreath shrub where it landed prior to jets game 14) had to leave bottle of 7UP in back of my work truck bed in same spot. I picked it up while cleaning parking lot of hotel parking lot prior to jets game 15) daughters white robe (called "The White Coat" because of all then games its won for us over the years in its same spot on arm of Chase Lounge 16) daughter has to wear a giants hoodie passed down to her from her grandfather no matter how hot it is in room 17) had to wear bandaid on left foot put on prior to 2nd Dallas game 18) had to have stack of Sports IL and Newspapers, giants mags in their spot on left side of wicker chest 19) another stack of mags and newspapers spot on fireplace 20) in my room an old tuesday newspaper with,another Mag on top of it with a pair of crew socks on that in front of drawer of desk 21) another pair of socks on top of package of toliet paper 22) meds I usually put in pillbox stacked on counter since before jets game 23) told neighbor to leave fake snowman on his porch since it was there since just prior to jets game 24) heating blanket on son and fiancÚ 25) cat had to be in room on floor or on her litttle stool 26) icemaker that is not hooked up to water supply in family room fridge was going on and off calling for water since prior to jets game 27) daughter had same giants color nail polish on since prior to jets game and really needed to be redone butnshenwas scared to change it 28) son didn't cut toenails since prior to jets game (gross) 29) had not washed his car since prior to jets game 30) prob missing a few....... Talk about rituals and superstitions....... Now we know if we did or didn't do all this stuff it wouldn't change outcome of game but we just couldnt change anything..... I know it's crazy but we even all wore then exact same thing each week since prior to jets game[/quote]

you are out of your mind....lol

but thank you....clearly this is why the Giants won SB 46...

BTW....I have a real NFL Hampton Jersey fromwhen he was playingand I met him at the Atlanta playoff game this season. I happen to be wearing the jersey and he signed the back for me. Very cool. I bring it up because I used to think the it was bad luck and didnt wear it for years. Last season I wore it here and there and they won 10 games. This season I wore a more often. Lucky I was wearing when I actually met Rodney...

Also now you have to do all that same **** next year too you know.....[]

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

A great list... great habits... great superstitions,...great paranoia... great fun.
    For me, just 1... the same shirt since the Jets game.
    And Jupiter aligns with Mars.
    Any way you slice it, you did everything perfect.

here's mine: 4 years ago I wore the same tie for the NFC title game at Green Bay, so I wore it again for the Super Bowl. Guess which tie was worn every Sunday for these playoffs??? Guess which tie will never, ever leave my closet???

All-Pro

Giants hat. Jacobs Jersey. Must sit in either the middle seat in the sofa or sit on the arm rest. During a big down, i need to sit in the middle seat with my hands on my chin.

Dress 2 year old son in Giants hoodie and Giants sweat pats.

Put a baby boppy around my waist (yes even with no baby on it).

Veteran

I wore the same giants cap during each game since the jets game

Oh I know it's nuts now.. U should see some of the looks we got from neighbors with that Tree still up.. Lol

Yea like we really won cause of all that nonsense.. And yet I talked to family members and friends and a lot of them are same way. Scared to change anything they thought was working.. Like not shaving or whatever...

But after seening this list,, We are WAY OVER THE TOP

4-New York Giants!!!!!