+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

BAAS had a very good game

Just watched a condensed version of the SB. Baas did a real good job on Wilfork. Sometimes Wllfork was doubled teamed but many time Baas was one on one with him and Wilforks name was hardly called during the SP... Baas stepped up nicely in the big game

Veteran

Re: BAAS had a very good game

Seems like Reese's FA pickups take a little time to find their groove, but when they do they show why he paid them the big bucks.

Veteran

I do think he will get another shot at it. He will have a full offseason with his new team and hopefully he will not have any injury issues in the offseason and in training camp. We will then see how well he plays next season and if he integrates with the O-line better then he was able to this season.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="dschwa77"]Just watched a condensed version of the SB. Baas did a real good job on Wilfork. Sometimes Wllfork was doubled teamed but many time Baas was one on one with him and Wilforks name was hardly called during the SP... Baas stepped up nicely in the big game[/quote]

Baas was HUGE in that game relative to how he played in the last 6 or 7 games.

[quote user="repeatchamps"]I do think he will get another shot at it. He will have a full offseason with his new team and hopefully he will not have any injury issues in the offseason and in training camp. We will then see how weel he plays next season and if he integrates with the O-line better then he was able to this season.[/quote]
    +1. Baas has been fine in pass protection the entire year, but not so good against the run.

Maybe it was Boothe at guard and Diehl at LT that were hindering the run more than Baas. If so, then JR's FA signing of Baas looks to be a good deal.

But if that WERE true, what took the coaches SO long to see that, or try something else?

I too was surprised by his play in the SB. I watched him closely expecting Wilfork to dominate, but he held his own. First he did a good job early when nobody was lined up directly on him. He picked up a few blitzes up the middle in those situations. And later when the Pats lined up across from him he was solid. Nice to see this from a guy who we all thought was going to be a liability in this game.

baas did well but dont forget the first half NE lined Wilfork up over Snee for some odd reason, like it made absolute no sense, but he did also line up over boothe as well.

second half they lined him up over Baas, and honestly we did struggle in the red zone but were able to move the ball and run. in fact on the eli to mm play, wilfork got real good push right into eli's face but didnt phase eli at all.

overall, i grade baas with a solid b, which feels like an a++++++ bc he was def. playing poorly for some time.

hoping after this offseason, our OL plays great. u guys think boothe remains starter?

i like the interior of the line for the most part, would like beatty to LT and Diehl to RT if we cannot get brewer ready...petrus is a wild card too he did well in the run game but struggled in pass protection.

confidence in each other is huge for the OL and winning the SB should give them that at least. i dunno if we change too much up

He actually did. As a 49er fan, I was fine to sit back and watch some other team pay 30 mil or whatever for him, he never lived up to his potential. And he was pretty bad in every game I watched him in this year, except the super bowl. You have to give credit where credit is do, but 1 for like 20 is Chilo Rachal status

[quote user="dschwa77"]Just watched a condensed version of the SB. Baas did a real good job on Wilfork. Sometimes Wllfork was doubled teamed but many time Baas was one on one with him and Wilforks name was hardly called during the SP... Baas stepped up nicely in the big game[/quote]

I have to say that after watching Oates and O'Hara for so many years, I was surely spoiled expecting such high caliber play from our centers. I was skeptical of Bass all year long, but Wilkfork was completely invisible to me during the SB, and the running game has been gangbusters as of late... so I have to say that I look forward to seeing Bass leading the line next season.

Wow... We are World Champions!!!! It will take me a long time to come down from this one.

Go Blue!