+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O LINE AGE

O LINE AGE

Looks like we are good for a few years. I am sure we will have back ups ready

Diehl, David 31
    Boothe, Kevin 28
    Baas, David 30
    Snee, Chris 30
    McKenzie, Kareem 32

Eli was sacked 28 times regular season
    and 11 times in the play off run.

Not that old for O line man I would think.Of course if we have an upgrade of what we have then great.

How do you guys see our O line.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Re: O LINE AGE

I don't think that they are that old, but I do think that they need to play together for longer, as we really did not see them dominate until later in the year, when they were able to open holes for the running game. If I am wrong, and they are not as good as they performed in the latter part of the year, then there must be an upgrade, starting the the OT. If we do get a top notch OT this off-season, I would like to see Diehl return to his natural G position.

Go Blue!

I think McKenzie is a goner to be honest. He was the weakest of the group, and he's an aging free agent. I can't imagine they resign him, especially with young talent like Brewer and Beatty on the team.

[quote user="Overdrive92"]I think McKenzie is a goner to be honest. He was the weakest of the group, and he's an aging free agent. I can't imagine they resign him, especially with young talent like Brewer and Beatty on the team.[/quote]

What a better way to go out with a ring. Then again he would be a great back up if the price is right.

I really liked the way Petrus performed this year too. the run game seemed to be very solid when he was in there...

You are fooling yourself if you think this O-line is "good" they are average at best ELI was the reason he didn't get sacked way more. they NEED a LT,LG,and a C, the only 2 I would keep as starters would be Snee and move Beatty to right tackle. Keep Deihl for depth and get rid of Baas he is a bum which we overpaid for. Mckenzie was abused this year and Diehl's play has fallen off big time.

maybe booth at C and Petrus at G not bad having great players as back ups

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]You are fooling yourself if you think this O-line is "good" they are average at best ELI was the reason he didn't get sacked way more. they NEED a LT,LG,and a C, the only 2 I would keep as starters would be Snee and move Beatty to right tackle. Keep Deihl for depth and get rid of Baas he is a bum which we overpaid for. Mckenzie was abused this year and Diehl's play has fallen off big time.[/quote]

Not fooling my self was asking what you guys thought I was thinking booth at center and petrus at G

[quote user="ibbill"]maybe booth at C and Petrus at G not bad having great players as back ups[/quote]

Baas will be the C.
    Snee will be the RG.
    Beatty will be the LT.

So that leaves two more spots, and it depends here. On one hand, they could keep Diehl at T and start Boothe or Petrus at G. Or they could move Diehl back in to G, but that would require Brewer to become a new starter. Is he ready to start?

If Baas is the starting center we will have trouble again running the football. Boothe was way better than him and he is not even a true center. I would like to see them add a very good C and a LT and move Beatty to RT.