+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Maybe the Giants will be in great shape after FA.

A lot of "what if" here, but what if TT and Whitherspoon can come back healthy? They would have to come back cheap after both players had ACL injuries. They would then probably let Ross walk.

What if Goff can come back healthy? Could they move Kiwi back to DE if they did trade Osi?

I those things happen they could have a good secondary and the DL will still be good. Maybe even better if Austin can contribute with his speed and strength.

Now if they saved some money by trading Osi and maybe part ways with Jacobs they could invest in some OL's. If they could do that and Reese can do his thing in the draft they could be very good next year.

Re: Maybe the Giants will be in great shape after FA.

[quote user="buddy33"]A lot of "what if" here, but what if TT and Whitherspoon can come back healthy? They would have to come back cheap after both players had ACL injuries. They would then probably let Ross walk.

What if Goff can come back healthy? Could they move Kiwi back to DE if they did trade Osi?

I those things happen they could have a good secondary and the DL will still be good. Maybe even better if Austin can contribute with his speed and strength.

Now if they saved some money by trading Osi and maybe part ways with Jacobs they could invest in some OL's. If they could do that and Reese can do his thing in the draft they could be very good next year.[/quote]

We need a stud middle linebacker. That would really help the defense. He is not on our roster yet. I hope Reese addresses this issue. He seems not interested in addressing this issue.

Reese should draft an OL within the first two rounds. It's been going on long enough. Beatty isn't the answer at LT at this point (don't know how he'd do at RT, but anything is better than McKenzie).

We need a LT and interior OL. I like Boothe and Petrus, but they don't start every game for a reason.

If we can get a stud linebacker with some oline upgrades I think we will be fine. We also need to look into a TE being that we are getting screwed with the Injury bug again

I think we are going to make some honourable signings

I think Osi deserves to retire a Giant, I hope it goes down that way ....and I didnt feel that way about Osi a few months ago
    If our injured guys come back well that is a plus
    I think Manningham enjoys playing with Eli...and he doesnt have to remember long what Steve Smith missed out on for an extra couple million. we'll see about him 50/50

I'm optimistic about this team in the offseason - a Superbowl makes it easier to sign guys []

All-Pro

As far as the draft goes I think Reese will go BPA. So if it's an OL then so be it. I'd rather see then get some vet FA to help out right away.

As far as the LB's go, jut saying if Goff is healthy and Williams can come back even better than his rookie season they might have something goo there.

All-Pro

[quote user="buddy33"]A lot of "what if" here, but what if TT and Whitherspoon can come back healthy? They would have to come back cheap after both players had ACL injuries. They would then probably let Ross walk.

Now if they saved some money by trading Osi and maybe part ways with Jacobs they could invest in some OL's. If they could do that and Reese can do his thing in the draft they could be very good next year.[/quote]

Ross can't walk. He just can't!!!! Do we remember how hard it was when we swapped MAdison for Allen? We are so critical of our current coners but they are both 2 time SB champs. We need Ross and Webster for the duration!!!

[quote user="scf424"]Reese should draft an OL within the first two rounds. It's been going on long enough. Beatty isn't the answer at LT at this point (don't know how he'd do at RT, but anything is better than McKenzie).

We need a LT and interior OL. I like Boothe and Petrus, but they don't start every game for a reason.[/quote]

What about Brewer? Will he ready to contribute next season?

[quote user="scf424"]Reese should draft an OL within the first two rounds. It's been going on long enough. Beatty isn't the answer at LT at this point (don't know how he'd do at RT, but anything is better than McKenzie). We need a LT and interior OL. I like Boothe and Petrus, but they don't start every game for a reason.[/quote]Yeah because Baas has a bigger contract than both of them combined and Snee is the son in Law (although Snee is good still). I think Petrus makes a case to be a starter at LG...dude is great at run blocking, in my opinion but Boothe is a very sound player overall which gives him value...I believe he is worth more than Baas by position and contract. Petrus filled in great for Snee when he had a rough stretch! Petrus is here for a while. Shifting Diehl to RT may be a very good move and maybe bring in another talent at LT...I don't know enough about Brewer to think he is an answer at any spot except blocking TE. I would hate to burn a 1st on anything but a LB or Trent Richardson if something crazy happened like he fell to us...and that would be freakin' CRAZY!!!