+ Reply to Thread

O line concerns/questions for next season......

How do we play this? I think Kmac needs to go or sit. The C Baas was a waste of $$$, he was injured often, and got killed alot by opposing D lines. Should Bass stay another year? Does anyone know if Boothe can play RT? That guy should be a starter period. If he can make him RT, then you have Snee and Diehl as Guards, Beatty on LT, and Baas at C. I know quite a few people don't like Diehl.......but lets be honest, he is not going anywhere, and he will not sit. I say draft a Oline guy with the 1st round pick, probably should pickup a T or G.

Re: O line concerns/questions for next season......

if we've learned nothing under the coughlin era, its that tossing someone on the scrap heap after only one year is stupid.

but the o line needs to be addressed.

if it wasn't for eli, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. not even close.

#1 priority for next year: get the running game back on track.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

if we've learned nothing under the coughlin era, its that tossing someone on the scrap heap after only one year is stupid.

[/quote]

100% needs to happen. Running game was so weak. I would also like to see the emergence of Scott as well.

But we need to get an o-line going.

Who do you guys see as the starting O line next year?

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]How do we play this? I think Kmac needs to go or sit. The C Baas was a waste of $$$, he was injured often, and got killed alot by opposing D lines. Should Bass stay another year? Does anyone know if Boothe can play RT? That guy should be a starter period. If he can make him RT, then you have Snee and Diehl as Guards, Beatty on LT, and Baas at C. I know quite a few people don't like Diehl.......but lets be honest, he is not going anywhere, and he will not sit. I say draft a Oline guy with the 1st round pick, probably should pickup a T or G.[/quote]

Brewer might be a possibility. I don't know how fast he's coming along but he's a monster.

I think we end up drafting Oline fairly early again this year though.

Baas will end up staying just to justify his signing bonus. Hopefully he's better his second year.

I'd be more worried about Beatty ... he was awful at LT.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Who do you guys see as the starting O line next year?[/quote]

As it stands right now? From left to right:

Beatty, Diehl, Baas, Snee, Brewer
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

it was mostly the tackles that were atrocious. Diehl was a little better at LT. Kmac, wow, the guy the the best player last year, and then this year he got abused over and over, too mamy times he was beat at the line and couldn't even get a hand out to slow the guy down. Baas has been a little better, but Boothe was great all year, he is like the New Diehl, plays every position on the line.

I don't know what was up with Snee, he was very inconsistent all year. did he have a concussion this year? i think he needs to drop a little weight too. he just didn't look good this year.

Petrus needs an opening on the line.

i think a lot of the issues with the line has been playing against Dlines that are both strong and fast. i think the older guys need to lose some weight and get quicker. I think that, and a few added guys for depth would be good. its strange because some games Eli would have very good protection, and then other games he was getting smacked and having to scramble as soon as he receives the snap. they had days that reminded me of the ineptitude of the 2003 line. amazing how Eli was able to play so well this year with that kind of protection, an dhow he managed to play every snap.

but, a little bit of depth, more quickness, and improved screen game will do wonders for everybody. if they could get some dual threat ability, then defense can't just tee off on them like the bagels did

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

100% needs to happen. Running game was so weak. I would also like to see the emergence of Scott as well.

But we need to get an o-line going.
    [/quote]

You'll see Scott more as he learns his protections better. Coughlin does this with every running back in our system and who can argue with the results? Jacobs and Bradshaw are league monsters in pass protection (harrison called jacobs the best blocking RB he's ever seen)