+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

Kurt Warner: Eli is not a HOFer!

Kurt Warner's assessment of Eli chances of being a Hall of Famer.

NY Post Article

Reading it I kind of got the feeling that this was more about Eli's 2-0 SB record looking better than his 1-2 SB record.

Re: Kurt Warner: Eli is not a HOFer!

Maybe Eli believes he himself is not a HoF candidate right now. It'll push him to win 2 or 3 more.

[quote user="davmac2BB"]Kurt Warner's assessment of Eli chances of being a Hall of Famer.

NY Post Article

Reading it I kind of got the feeling that this was more about Eli's 2-0 SB record looking better than his 1-2 SB record.
    [/quote]

Who cares what Warner has to say. Kurt Warner is not a hall of famer now, and never will be. Eli has a better chance than he does and still have 6 or 7 more years to get another Superbowl and improve his stats.

Move along Kurt Warner.

It's ironic that the only former players that support Eli outside of Michael Strahan are Michael Irving and Dieon Sanders, two hated Cowboys.

Veteran

Didn't Warner eventually lose his job to Eli......? I have always sensed a degree of resentment in Warner.

He's probably not. Not at this point in his career.

Give it a few more years though and there won't be a question.

[quote user="davmac2BB"]Kurt Warner's assessment of Eli chances of being a Hall of Famer.

NY Post Article

[/quote]

I agree with Warner ... if Eli tetired today, he's not a HoF QB.

If he plays another 4-5 years with an average sampling of what he's done up until now (even without another SB) then he is.

In my opinion of course.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Interesting statement by Kurt. I thought that Eli's record, # of SB;s victories, sb mvp's at this point is better than Kurt's. Except for maybe completion %.

Which leads me to my next point.

Kurt was asked if he considered himself eligible for the HOF and he said yes.

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Interesting statement by Kurt. I thought that Eli's record, # of SB;s victories, sb mvp's at this point is better than Kurt's. Except for maybe completion %.

Which leads me to my next point.

Kurt was asked if he considered himself eligible for the HOF and he said yes.[/quote]

Eli to date: 58.4 (completion %), 27579 yards, 185 TDs, 129 Ints

Warner: 65.5 comp. %, 32344 yards, 208 TDs, 128 Ints.

Based on stats and accomplishment, Kurt Warner is definite HoF. 3 SB appearances, 1 SB MVP, 2 NFL MVPs (which is huge), 4 pro bowls, x2 all-pro, a great story and part of the "Greatest Show on Turf".

Except for career completion percentage, Eli is just about at Warners stats now ... Eli will easily eclipse Warner's stats barring injury which will be enough with 2 SB MVPs to put Eli in the HoF at the least.

But as of today ... Kurt IS a HoF candidate and Eli isn't (imo).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="NYGinIN"]Didn't Warner eventually lose his job to Eli......? I have always sensed a degree of resentment in Warner.[/quote]

Kurt Warner has had this very squeaky clean image and reputation over the years, but in recent months he definitely seems to have a liitle bit of resentment (or something) towards Eli....strange...

Once again we've confused the Hall Of FAME with the Hall of STATS.

Kurt Warner may get in but not any time soon and he won't get in before Eli so....if he was a smart man he'd be rooting for Eli to get in.

Eli I believe gets in because of the fashion in which he delivered two superbowl championships to one of, if not the most storied franchises in History.

Joe Namath is in based purely on the facts that he conducted himself like a celebrity in New York and he guaranteed a Victory over a team no one thought he could beat.

Eli doesn't have all the Rah Rah but He's delivered a championship on the most improbable run in the history of the sport culminating the in the biggest upset in the history of the sport (Possibly any sport) with the greatest play in Superbowl history (Possibly greatest play in any sport period)

And then he did it again.

If you think Eli Manning isn't going in on the first ballot you are seriously kidding yourself.

(Jesus Christ Curtis Martin is going in and he didn't do anything of note beside finnishing top 5 in rushing yards)

Please be reminded it is the Hall Of Fame and not the hall of stats.

Kurt Warner has some sort of problem with Eli Manning and its painfully obvious. \

Leading up to the Superbowl he went out of his way to say when Eli took over for him that Eli offered "Some of the worst quarterback play" He had ever saw.

Now we all know that Eli stunk the joint up pretty bad his rookie year but Kurt Warner seemed pretty desperate to get that off his chest and he didn't present that opinion in a "Look how far he's come" sorta way.

His bias disqualifies his opinion.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.