+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli & Peyton will not be in same division...here is why and where Peyton will go

Like Basketball, this is a situation where the player can decide his fate and I just don't believe they will ever play eachother twice in regular season play.

If Peyton is 90%, there are 20+teams that are interested, I would bet on that! So it is obvious these two teams are interested....However, this isn't going to be about the money for Payton...he wants to play and another ring. He won't go to an NFC team just because of Eli being here. Hemight consider the conferance but not the same division. I think he would prefer to stay in the AFCbut likely will consider a team that gives him the best opportunity to win that division.If he is even 75%, he is still better then 20 of this seasons starters...easily!

My list of likely choices for Peyton...in order:

10...Anywhere else not list below - Peyton will get a great contract and significantly help any team in the league not name Indianapolis Colts...so rule them "out of the running"...Weather will likely matter, more now due to the nature of his injury.

9...San Francisco - Though the media is suggesting otherwise, and with contract restructuring numbers coming out yesterday, I am betting they will be in the chase for Peyton while mulling re-signing Alex Smith. Smith will hang on like a "coke-*****", begging for a contract with the 49ers while they are test-driving Peyton. The only reason I have them here instead of at #7 is because they already are a potential Superbowl team, even with Smith...they will spend less on Smith and work on WR and CB talent. Weather is a non-factor here.

8...Tampa Bay - TB is a rebuilding team...I would bet my arse that they are silently stalking Peyton. "Rebuilding team" means his first year back will be, at best, just competetive (8-8 team). Peyton's longevity may be 3-4 years at best (speculation). He likely wants a better shot. Weather is a non-factor here.

7...Cleveland - Peyton makes them a play-off team but the lack of talent makes this less preferrable than other teams. Weather conditions could be a factor but it is similar to what Eli has to deal with in NY/NJ...However, due to the nature of Peytons injury, and the open stadium in Cleveland, I think Peyton would prefer unfrozen field condition as much as possible. I think Peyton would want guaranteed money.

6...Seattle - Ummm...It might be bias on my part but I think Peyton makes this team significantly better than Tavaris....but Seattle is rainy and depressing, I don't think it is high on Peyton's list of top ten playing venues! They do have good talent!

5...Minnisota - Ziggy has said he wouldn't consider taking on Payton's contract but since some numbers on a restructure deal were made public yesterday, he is all ears! Great talent on this team, needs a better WR than they currently have at #1. They have a dome and likely building a new one soon if they aren't moved (if they consider building open stadium, no chance Peyton signs), because of that, I believe Peyton turns THEM down instead...however, if signed, Peyton will make them look good anyway.

4...Houston - These guys have it all...Schaub is good but nothing like Peyton. Peyton's cerebral approach makes this a conference winning Team...absolutely! Excellent weather conditions! Not sure the owner wants to make this work.

3...Tennesee - These guys have alot more than the Colts had when Peyton was actually playing there. Decent weather conditions and the division weather conditions on get better and Indy has their dome...HIS DOME! They win division with Peyton.

2...Arizona - The missing piece of the puzzle, Peyton makes them division winners...Owner doesn't like to spend money. Better weather for football than Miami...they have a dome in the desert. Ideal situation!!!

1...Miami - Biggest need, and will pay if Payton restructures and still offer the most money. Great weather

I think this list content and order sounds about right!

Re: Eli & Peyton will not be in same division...here is why and where Peyton will go

I'll sum it up with one word why Peyton will not go to the NFC East.

Eli

Giants fan since the early 80s

Re: Eli & Peyton will not be in same division...here is why and where Peyton will go

1) I think this is where he ends up (Fins).

2) Arizona gave up too much for Kolb to bail on him now and their front office is already denying interest in Peyton. It's a possibility but farther down the list.

3) I think the Titans are probably the second most likely place he ends up but I don't see them blowing that kind of money on him.

4) Not a chance. They have their franchise QB and couldn't afford him if they wanted him anyway.

5) Possibly ... but doubtful. Both money wise and that team has a lot of work to do to rebuild itself (not to mention I doubt Peyton wants to be part of a rebuilding team if he can help it).

6) Seattle would make sense except that they gave up a lot for Jesus and I'm not sure how deep those pockets are willing to go (that ownership hasn't ponied up in the past). Would be a fairly good spot for him though.

7) Not sure here ... again not a franchise known for spending that kind of money and they're still rebuilding (year 12 of the 5 year plan?).

8) Tampa would be sexy but they don't have those kind of huevos. And the need isn't really there either ... Freeman has shown he can be the man ... he just needs the right coaching staff behind him.

9) 49ers are going to commit to Smith (and should).

10) Redskins are a definite possibllity .... the owner will spend, the coach's best years were with an established QB (Elway) and the need is most definitely there. Not sure Peyton would want to play against his brother 2+ times a year, but then again maybe he would go there to do just that (he is Mr. Competitive after all).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Why does no one ever mention Kansas City?

Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, and Jamaal Charles. Those are decent players right there and the Chiefs O-line isn't shabby either.

The defense is young but has potential and a good coach in Romeo Crennel.

You bet that they would dump Cassel and Orton if Peyton wanted to play there.

I would agree that it won't be about the money.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Why does no one ever mention Kansas City? Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, and Jamaal Charles. Those are decent players right there and the Chiefs O-line isn't shabby either. The defense is young but has potential and a good coach in Romeo Crennel. You bet that they would dump Cassel and Orton if Peyton wanted to play there.[/quote]

I've been telling friends this for the last week or so. KC would be the best fit for him. Solid team with a good D and running game as strengths. Stable owernership and front office. This would be the best situation for him.

[quote user="Kruunch"]1) I think this is where he ends up (Fins). 2) Arizona gave up too much for Kolb to bail on him now and their front office is already denying interest in Peyton. It's a possibility but farther down the list. 3) I think the Titans are probably the second most likely place he ends up but I don't see them blowing that kind of money on him. 4) Not a chance. They have their franchise QB and couldn't afford him if they wanted him anyway. 5) Possibly ... but doubtful. Both money wise and that team has a lot of work to do to rebuild itself (not to mention I doubt Peyton wants to be part of a rebuilding team if he can help it). 6) Seattle would make sense except that they gave up a lot for Jesus and I'm not sure how deep those pockets are willing to go (that ownership hasn't ponied up in the past). Would be a fairly good spot for him though. 7) Not sure here ... again not a franchise known for spending that kind of money and they're still rebuilding (year 12 of the 5 year plan?). 8) Tampa would be sexy but they don't have those kind of huevos. And the need isn't really there either ... Freeman has shown he can be the man ... he just needs the right coaching staff behind him. 9) 49ers are going to commit to Smith (and should). 10) Redskins are a definite possibllity .... the owner will spend, the coach's best years were with an established QB (Elway) and the need is most definitely there. Not sure Peyton would want to play against his brother 2+ times a year, but then again maybe he would go there to do just that (he is Mr. Competitive after all).[/quote]I think Peyton would put Cleveland on the map...more than Lebron did... so I can see the pressure on the owner to do just that but I think the weather be a factor that makes Peyton turn them down as opposed to the other way around.

Bear in mind...numbers out there are not $28 million a year...it is $60 mil/4 years, no guaranteed money and incentive based...If there is a high-probability of one super bowl in that time period..all teams are listening! Houston is looking for their 1st one and Schaub isn't any younger than Peyton with less upside at this stage. I hear what you are saying about the 49ers but I bet that as Alex is looking at the Niner FO begging for a contract they are looking pass his face and over his shoulder at Peyton Manning and drooling over the possibility of not just one but maybe 2 or a three-peat with Peyton. IT HAS TO BEgoing through their two-timing business minds....HAS TO BE!!!

Tennessee is delusional and think that Hasselback/Locker are the answers, they said it. They're not going to get Peyton

[quote user="VegasGmen"]

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Why does no one ever mention Kansas City? Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, and Jamaal Charles. Those are decent players right there and the Chiefs O-line isn't shabby either. The defense is young but has potential and a good coach in Romeo Crennel. You bet that they would dump Cassel and Orton if Peyton wanted to play there.[/quote]

I've been telling friends this for the last week or so. KC would be the best fit for him. Solid team with a good D and running game as strengths. Stable owernership and front office. This would be the best situation for him.

[/quote]I agree with what you both say about KC's talent and Crennel would escalate his career status as a coach with Peyton there but they have two starter caliber QBs (not Peyton caliber) and I think ownership and even the fanbase would not like the move...and honestly, I believe Manning wouldn't want that to happen on his account. Seriously! He knows he is going to get a great situation elsewhere and KC is not an anacronym for Great Situation...besides, their market is in the middle of nowhere! Indy was far enough away. Peyton would be a god in Miami!

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Tennessee is delusional and think that Hasselback/Locker are the answers, they said it. They're not going to get Peyton
    [/quote]I agree! They can't be serious that they are happy with those two and then go on to say they will compete for the starter role during training camp...I laughed when I heard that this morning! You bring Peyton in and call him the starter because you know he is...you dump hasselbeck and hope Locker learns something from one of the best.

Tenessee is definately in the hunt!