+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

From an Eagles fan.........

First off...CONGRATS!!!

It pains me to see you guys win another one but unlike my team you guys make the plays when need be. We fail.

I get to watch my idiot HC and front office butcher things year after year with no accountability. You guys excel.

Anyways, my question is:
    How do you guys look at the Eagles?
    Do you think they have any hope?

You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.

Re: From an Eagles fan.........

The Eagles have talent. To me it is just a question if they can play together.

[quote user="russrock1"]First off...CONGRATS!!!

It pains me to see you guys win another one but unlike my team you guys make the plays when need be. We fail.

I get to watch my idiot HC and front office butcher things year after year with no accountability. You guys excel.

Anyways, my question is:

You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.[/quote]

First of all thanks.

As for the Eagles, like Giant fans, you guys are ultra critical of your own team when not winning it all.

You have a team and regime that's been VERY successful for over a decade. I don't agree with their moves in 2011 ... I think they tried to buy a championship and it bit them in their butts.

You still have a boat load of talent and I consider you guys the most dangerous team in the division past us.

However I think Reid has seriously mistepped himself with having Castillo as your DC (talk about your lack of respect for the position of DC) and while you have a boat load of talent, you still have the same locker room problems you had in 2011 (too many personalities ... not enough "team" guys).

I see you guys somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6. Mostly because Vick won't play a full season and your defense will be up and down most of the year.

Unfortunately I also see the Eagles as a land mine that could explode at any second (with just as much of a chance of imploding as well).

But it won't be boring.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Uhm, let's see here...

Reid is a good coach in most aspects but he should switch to a run first team since you know, HE HAS A TOP 5 RB! With Desean Jackson gone, it's just going to be Maclin now.

He's good at drafting offensive talent but horrible with defensive talent. Seriously, Lurie needs to grow a pair of balls and not let him touch the draft on defense.

That's all I have now.

it seems like a bunch of different personalities and characters all bunched together based purely on talent level.

i think Coughlin AND the Maras will take less talent with the right attitude rather than the other way around.

that's why so many of our opponents are so frustrated when they lose to us.

they look at the talent on their roster, or their achievements at various points during the season, look at ours, and think 'how could we lose to these guys".

Coughlin has a way of eventually getting through to a roster and convincing them that they have to do their jobs every second of every day. Period. Nothing else matters.

"Firm, fair, honest, demanding" is his personal motto and while he's softened a bit from what he was like a few years ago, by every account he's still the hard core disipline guy.

that's why plax isn't here, that's why tiki isn't here, that's why shockey isn't here.

all high talent, all guys that figured they didn't really need to be told what to do.

all of them proved wrong.

All-Pro

They lack leadership.

Get rid of Vick as your QB and find a real QB. Thats a start.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

They lack leadership.

Get rid of Vick as your QB and find a real QB. Thats a start.

[/quote]

+1 , Vick blows

Bench Player

I hated Vick from the get-go. Hes a highlight reel pretending to be a QB. Not to mention a POS human being.

Eli and Vick....the two dont even belong in the same sentence

[quote user="russrock1"]First off...CONGRATS!!!

Anyways, my question is:

You are the champs so you are the ones to ask.[/quote]

I see your biggest problem with your DC. Too inexperienced, not sure what he was scheming half the times. Boat load of talent on the offensive side. Vick will be prone to much injury with his style of play. Better get a good back up. Not sure of the chemistry yet. Great potential on the offensive side. but I am afraid you need some new blood in the head coach area. Don't get me wrong, he is a very good head coach, but some times you need to change the chemistry to get a different outcome.

thanks for the props! all we need is a chance!

i think the egirls will be an opponent noone can ignore! they ended the year on a winning streak, who knows if they can carry it over!

they have as much a chance as anyone else!

as evident by the Giants they just need to execute and take advantage of the breaks!

the nfl is tough thats why this is so special! its anybody guess who will be in this position next year!

everyone has hope and a chance!