+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Barron

Mark Barron

Rumors flying that Mark Barron has suffered a sports hernia which will drop him in the draft. He could definitely be an option for us now if we wanted to take a shot at the top safety in the draft. He could have gone pro last year as well but he tore a pectoral muscle in the final regular season game.

Barron and Brandon Boykin are 2 great secondary players coming off injuries that we could probably get at a great value. Boykin could also be a great return guy.

Re: Mark Barron

I don't like the idea of drafting players who were hurt. My first criteria in drafting starts with the ability to stay healthy.

Totally understandable... I like value picks if their injuries won't keep them from playing early since you run the risk with rookies getting injured anyway (see our first round pick last year). For me it just depends on the player.

As for that criteria... Of course no one wants players that have had lots of injuries but it depends on the injury. Prince had never been injured before but that didn't help him much. Julio Jones was a guy that was injured pretty much his entire college career but he was taken in the first round and looks to be like he's going to be one of the best WRs in the NFL.

Veteran

I like Barron at 32 , & would pick him if he's there, BUT I think there is close to No Chance he falls all the way to us ... Even with the sports hernia injury he suffered.

[quote user="mainegiantsfan"]I don't like the idea of drafting players who were hurt. My first criteria in drafting starts with the ability to stay healthy.[/quote]
    +10000000000
    With our history of injuries, we need Warriors.

[quote user="critters"]Rumors flying that Mark Barron has suffered a sports hernia which will drop him in the draft. He could definitely be an option for us now if we wanted to take a shot at the top safety in the draft. He could have gone pro last year as well but he tore a pectoral muscle in the final regular season game.

Barron and Brandon Boykin are 2 great secondary players coming off injuries that we could probably get at a great value. Boykin could also be a great return guy.
    [/quote]

I'd take him. A Sports Hernia doesn't scare me off of a Safety.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="critters"]Rumors flying that Mark Barron has suffered a sports hernia which will drop him in the draft. He could definitely be an option for us now if we wanted to take a shot at the top safety in the draft. He could have gone pro last year as well but he tore a pectoral muscle in the final regular season game.

[/quote]

I'd take him. A Sports Hernia doesn't scare me off of a Safety.[/quote]

I like the prospect of him too......footage of him looks great. However the article I just found about the hernia mentioned a serious injury for each of the last 2 yrs of college that he played that sidelined him. IF he is injury prone, do we really want to add another DB on the injured reserve list for next year? Maybe we should go with the safer pick for 1st round and grab Iloka FS in the 2nd round.......

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="critters"]Rumors flying that Mark Barron has suffered a sports hernia which will drop him in the draft. He could definitely be an option for us now if we wanted to take a shot at the top safety in the draft. He could have gone pro last year as well but he tore a pectoral muscle in the final regular season game.

[/quote]

I'd take him. A Sports Hernia doesn't scare me off of a Safety.[/quote] Yeah we arent talking Knee injuries here

Veteran

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="critters"]Rumors flying that Mark Barron has suffered a sports hernia which will drop him in the draft. He could definitely be an option for us now if we wanted to take a shot at the top safety in the draft. He could have gone pro last year as well but he tore a pectoral muscle in the final regular season game.

[/quote]

I'd take him. A Sports Hernia doesn't scare me off of a Safety.[/quote] Yeah we arent talking Knee injuries here[/quote]
    I like Boykin but he's a midget.

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="critters"]Rumors flying that Mark Barron has suffered a sports hernia which will drop him in the draft. He could definitely be an option for us now if we wanted to take a shot at the top safety in the draft. He could have gone pro last year as well but he tore a pectoral muscle in the final regular season game.

[/quote]

I'd take him. A Sports Hernia doesn't scare me off of a Safety.[/quote]

I like the prospect of him too......footage of him looks great. However the article I just found about the hernia mentioned a serious injury for each of the last 2 yrs of college that he played that sidelined him. IF he is injury prone, do we really want to add another DB on the injured reserve list for next year? Maybe we should go with the safer pick for 1st round and grab Iloka FS in the 2nd round.......[/quote]

True but they weren't connected injuries (pec tear last year I think?) and neither is particularly nagging (although the hernia can be ... strange on a Safety though).

I'm a big Iloka fan as well and have him in my mock with the idea that Barron is gone by the time we pick.

Since I really like the idea of grabbing one of the TEs in the first, I think you're right and Iloka would be a fine grab in the 2nd.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread