+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran

You hear those footsteps, Dallas?

That's right, make some room cause we're coming for #5!

Re: You hear those footsteps, Dallas?

That's right

They're going to be soooo deflated when they get matched and surpassed. That's all they have left to hold on to.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Then they'll say "well we still have more appearances" to which I'll say "did you win them?"

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Then they'll say "well we still have more appearances" to which I'll say "did you win them?"[/quote]

Even then, we've got them. Here's how.

They have 8 SB appearances, yes. But the team was around since 1960 and eligible to play for those NFL championships from 1960-1965 even though they never made it.

The Giants went to NFL Championship games in 1961, 1962, and 1963.

So in the time both teams have been around, they've both played in title games 8 times.

By winning SB #5 that would also be title game appearance #9.

Checkmate.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Bench Player

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Then they'll say "well we still have more appearances" to which I'll say "did you win them?"[/quote]

Even then, we've got them. Here's how.

They have 8 SB appearances, yes. But the team was around since 1960 and eligible to play for those NFL championships from 1960-1965 even though they never made it.

The Giants went to NFL Championship games in 1961, 1962, and 1963.

So in the time both teams have been around, they've both played in title games 8 times.

By winning SB #5 that would also be title game appearance #9.

Checkmate.
    [/quote]

They played in the NFL Championship Game in 1966 and 1967 but lost to the Green Bay Packers so we would still be behind by one.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Then they'll say "well we still have more appearances" to which I'll say "did you win them?"[/quote]

+1. Bills have as many 'appearances' as we have 'wins', but that don't put them in the same category.

We will get number 5, and POSSIBLY number 6 in the next couple of years.

Veteran

Soon they will have nothing to hang their silly little hats on.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]They're going to be soooo deflated when they get matched and surpassed. That's all they have left to hold on to.
    [/quote]

Let me point out that being in the lead (in Lombardis) has been an anomaly for the Cowboys, rather than the norm.

Only 13 out of the Cowboys' 51 seasons have been spent tied for the lead in Super Bowl titles (with five.)

The Redskins had more Lombardis than Dallas (for one year only, 1992) at one point. The Steelers and 49ers had four apiece when Dallas had only two in the 1980s.