+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Veteran

Re: You hear those footsteps, Arlington?

[quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="flamethrower"][quote user="jhamburg"]That's right, make some room cause we're coming for #5![/quote]
    Giants were coming for #5 back in 1986. They have 8 NFL championships. The only 4 Super Bowls that were not that were numbers 1-4. Since then. The Super Bowl has been the NFL Championship game. Now unless I have been counting wrong all my life. 8 is a bigger number than 5. I would expect a Cowboys fan to say this drivel. Not a Giants fan.
    Only the Bears, and Packers have more than the Giants. Bears 9. Packers 13.
    [/quote]

The problem is if we say that then that means the Eagles have won something.[/quote]
    Your logic is flawed. Because I would expect a Cowturd fan to say this. Not a Giants fan. Show that you actually respect the true history of the NFL. Because most Cowturd fans don't. They think that the NFL didn't have a championship prior to 1966. And, when they get proven wrong. They then state. "Only Super Bowls count".
    [/quote]

Dude calm down, it's a joke[/quote]
    I took it as a Joke. I was just replying the truth. Also I just changed the title to show the Truth. Cowboys stadium is not located in the City of Dallas, nor can you see the city of Dallas from it. I feel, and have always felt that the City that you play in is what you should be named. Giants stadium new one I assume has the exact same view of New York City that the old one had.
    But, I never refer to them as New York. I call them New Jersey. Same for the Jets.
    [/quote]

Those teams are named after New York City, not state, so it would make more sense to call them the East Rutherford Giants if you were gonna do that, but I think it would get pretty annoying since prob half the teams in the NFL play outside of the city proper.

Re: You hear those footsteps, Dallas?

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]They're going to be soooo deflated when they get matched and surpassed. That's all they have left to hold on to.
    [/quote]

Let me point out that being in the lead (in Lombardis) has been an anomaly for the Cowboys, rather than the norm.

Only 13 out of the Cowboys' 51 seasons have been spent tied for the lead in Super Bowl titles (with five.)

The Redskins had more Lombardis than Dallas (for one year only, 1992) at one point. The Steelers and 49ers had four apiece when Dallas had only two in the 1980s.

I'm just happy we got to number 4!!! That's an incredible achievement for this franchise especially considering how terrible we were during those years when our rivals were prospering... The silver lining this year for me though was finally getting back to spanking San Fran in the playoffs... Even during their dynasty years the Great Montana always got Owned by the Giants!!!!

[quote user="Cowboys Fan From Asia"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]They're going to be soooo deflated when they get matched and surpassed. That's all they have left to hold on to.
    [/quote]

Let me point out that being in the lead (in Lombardis) has been an anomaly for the Cowboys, rather than the norm.

Only 13 out of the Cowboys' 51 seasons have been spent tied for the lead in Super Bowl titles (with five.)

The Redskins had more Lombardis than Dallas (for one year only, 1992) at one point. The Steelers and 49ers had four apiece when Dallas had only two in the 1980s.

So all this talk about "deflated" is a bit hyperbole because it's not like the Cowboys are the Yankees who have just about always had a big lead on every other team in championships won.
    [/quote]

OK, probably not for the die hards like you; but for the Jimmy Johnson bandwagon fans who couldn't name an offensive lineman.

Although I do recall before the Jimmy Johnson run a lot of talk about Landry's winning record and 5 Super Bowl apperances.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

I think a team is a dynasty when it wins 3 Super Bowls within the span of a decade. I got to say, if the Giants win another Super Bowl, it would be perhaps the strangest dynasty in NFL history, what with two of the Lombardies coming from 10-6 and 9-7 seasons.

[quote user="Cowboys Fan From Asia"]I think a team is a dynasty when it wins 3 Super Bowls within the span of a decade. I got to say, if the Giants win another Super Bowl, it would be perhaps the strangest dynasty in NFL history, what with two of the Lombardies coming from 10-6 and 9-7 seasons.
    [/quote]

Strange? Why? Because we weren't the darlings in the media's eyes before the season started? Its not how you start, its how you finish. I know you've been on this board for quite some time, but that's a foolish thing to say.

Veteran

[quote user="Cowboys Fan From Asia"]I think a team is a dynasty when it wins 3 Super Bowls within the span of a decade. I got to say, if the Giants win another Super Bowl, it would be perhaps the strangest dynasty in NFL history, what with two of the Lombardies coming from 10-6 and 9-7 seasons.
    [/quote]

I agree with you there, but that's just who this team is.

[quote user="NYG4ME"][quote user="Cowboys Fan From Asia"]I think a team is a dynasty when it wins 3 Super Bowls within the span of a decade. I got to say, if the Giants win another Super Bowl, it would be perhaps the strangest dynasty in NFL history, what with two of the Lombardies coming from 10-6 and 9-7 seasons.
    [/quote]

Strange? Why? Because we weren't the darlings in the media's eyes before the season started? Its not how you start, its how you finish. I know you've been on this board for quite some time, but that's a foolish thing to say.
    [/quote]

I didn't mean "strange" in a bad way. I simply meant that it would be an oddity - in the interesting sense. The NFL's dynasties, up to date - Steelers-49ers-Cowboys-Patriots - typically came in the form of 12-4, 13-3 and 14-2 dominant teams that held top seeding in their conference en route to the Lombardi.

The Giants struck gold twice from very long distance, going all the way from bottom-tier wild card seed with low 10-6 and 9-7 seasons to the Super Bowl.

That's a fair point.

I think the NFL is a difficult place to win these days with the skill level so close to one another. The good, great, and elite teams are separated by very little and a mistake or two can and usually is the difference between winning and losing.

The Giants may or may not win another in the near future but as long as they are competitive and get in the playoffs a few times, I'll be happy.

Scoops

^ I forget who said it but one of the big commentators said that the difference between a #1 seed and a #6 seed in today's NFL isn't that great, everybody is flawed. This isn't the 80's/90's where teams had almost no flaws and were held together for years and had 12 or more wins every season.

Also the fates of the #1/#2 seeds has not been good in the last 5 years or so.

It's not just the Giants -- the Steelers and Packers got through as 5 or 6 seeds too.

Which does make what Belichick has done in NE all the more remarkable.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells