+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Am I the only one that thought the defense did ok considering who they played?

The Green Bay Packers are the highest scoring offense in the NFL. They have a QB who is playing a season better than maybe even Brady did in 2007.

They didn't give up 7 on the interception, and the refs blew the call on that 1 Green Bay TD. Now they where in field goal range so I'll put 3 on the defense, but 4 on the refs.

So that's 27 points I put on the defense. Against that team with all the people they have out I think the defense played well.

The last drive was tough, but a minute left for a QB that is changing the game against a tired defense with rookies and guys just signed was not the best place for them to be in.

I'm not putting all the blame on the offense, but when you play a team like Green Bay you can have 0 mistakes and you have to take advantage of when the defense did force a punt which they did do tonight.

I hope next week if the defense forces punts the offense turns them into TD's.

Bench Player

Re: Am I the only one that thought the defense did ok considering who they played?

I thought they played well but that last drive was inexcusable... and I saw a tweet that Rodgers said if the packers didnt get a lot of yards on their first play on the last drive, they would have ran it out for overtime........... wow.............

Veteran

Re: Am I the only one that thought the defense did ok considering who they played?

Yeesh, I dunno. The packers receivers dropped a lot of easy catches, it could have been much worse. I don't remember if they ended up scoring on those drives anyway though. At least we played great run defense and the pass rush was certainly an improvement over last week.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Yeesh, I dunno. The packers receivers dropped a lot of easy catches, it could have been much worse. I don't remember if they ended up scoring on those drives anyway though. At least we played great run defense and the pass rush was certainly an improvement over last week.[/quote]

Well, it would certainly be difficult to be worse ....

All-Pro

[quote user="BigBlue24/7"]I thought they played well but that last drive was inexcusable... and I saw a tweet that Rodgers said if the packers didnt get a lot of yards on their first play on the last drive, they would have ran it out for overtime........... wow.............
    [/quote]

Yeah, but I mean a rookie LB took a shot and almost made a great play. Not like Williams knew what Rogers was thinking. Then Rogers hit Nelson and he beat a guy that they just got on the team.

[quote user="BigBlue24/7"]I thought they played well but that last drive was inexcusable... and I saw a tweet that Rodgers said if the packers didnt get a lot of yards on their first play on the last drive, they would have ran it out for overtime........... wow.............
    [/quote]

That last drive was unacceptable...they did play good...better than expected....but that last drive was brutal....almost like they weren't even on the field.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Yeesh, I dunno. The packers receivers dropped a lot of easy catches, it could have been much worse. I don't remember if they ended up scoring on those drives anyway though. At least we played great run defense and the pass rush was certainly an improvement over last week.[/quote]

We were very fortunate today with all the dropped passes by GB. too many GB receivers were wide open (again). They still scored 38 points, but easily could have been much more.

Allowing the Packers to go straight down the field in the final minute afterour Offense had just scored a big last minute TD with a 2 point conversion was inexcusable.

If our defense can step up, we can win this thing.

dont forget the missed FG....

[quote user="buddy33"]The Green Bay Packers are the highest scoring offense in the NFL. They have a QB who is playing a season better than maybe even Brady did in 2007.

They didn't give up 7 on the interception, and the refs blew the call on that 1 Green Bay TD. Now they where in field goal range so I'll put 3 on the defense, but 4 on the refs.

So that's 27 points I put on the defense. Against that team with all the people they have out I think the defense played well.

The last drive was tough, but a minute left for a QB that is changing the game against a tired defense with rookies and guys just signed was not the best place for them to be in.

I'm not putting all the blame on the offense, but when you play a team like Green Bay you can have 0 mistakes and you have to take advantage of when the defense did force a punt which they did do tonight.

I hope next week if the defense forces punts the offense turns them into TD's.[/quote]

In the game day thread, with the Giants up 17-14 midway through the 2nd - Green Bay was driving and you had said if we lose this game ,it's on the offense.

So youre taking 11 points of the board for the D - that's generous to say the least.

All-Pro

Don't forget the blown call on the TD or the extremely ticky tack penalty on Williams while you are at it. I believe both where on 3rd downs.