+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft 2.8

Hybrid View

Mock Draft 2.8

This draft is deep with TE, CB and RB's. With that said here we go...</P>

<U>Round 1</U> - (Giants always like the the BPA in the first round)</P>

Fletcher Cox, DT - Miss. State.... Beast off the D-Line. Quick and does a great job getting in the backfield. </P>

Donta Hightower, ILB - Alabama..... ultra smart football player that will have no problem converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Was a first round pick as a junior, but decided to stay in school. So much top level experience.</P>

Kevin Zeitler, OG- Wisconsin...... Perfect fit for the Giants offensive line. Paved the way for Monte Ball to have a stellar season. Guy has a nasty demeanor, which is typical from Wisconsin O-Lineman. </P>

<U>Round 2</U> - </P>

Trumaine Johnson, S/CB - Montana..... versitile kid that can play both positions. Big enough for a safety, but athletic enough to play corner. Ross, TT and Grant may not be back and this kid could take over for Grant in that hybrid S/LB position. </P>

Dwight Jones, WR - North Carolina..... Manningham now has a ring and may choose to get paid, I can't blame him. With that said, Eli is peaking and needs to continue to have weapons around him. Jones is a baller. He is a big, physical target that plays like Nicks, but with a bigger frame.</P>

Bernard Pierce, RB - Temple.... Super productive back in the MAC conference. Good size and power, with the ability to show some speed. Jacobs is done and the Giants need someone to take some of the pressure off Bradshaw.</P>

<U>Round 3</U> -</P>

Chandler Jones, DE - Syracuse... this guy is in all my mock drafts. He's smooth and does a great job in pursuit. He is could vill a nice void that Tolly will leave or even Osi, if they decide to trade him.</P>

Nate Potter, OT - Boise State.... Kellen Moore and Doug Martin. There is a reason that they were successful in there careers at Boise. Potter hasquick feetand could be a niceguy to push/battle Beatty for the LT position.</P>

Nick Toon, WR - Wisconsin..... Again, Manningham now has a ring and may choose to get paid, I can't blame him. Giants need to continue to have weapons around him. Toon is a Anquan Boldin type of player that can go over the middle. Tough guy. </P>

<U>Round 4</U> -</P>

Ladarius Green, TE - Louisiana Lafayette..... instant mismatch for defenses in the receiving game. He needs to bulk up and develop his blocking skills. He could be a big time steal in the draft. </P>

Robert Turbin, RB - Utah State.... If you are not familiar with this guy, then you need to do some research. Runs with some serious power and has the ability to be elusive and slip through tacklers. Big guy that could be nice addition to the backfield and replace Jacobs. </P>

Donnie Fletcher, CB - Boston College... BC connection comes up again. Fletcher has the typical Giants CB size and has the speed to match it. His numbers and game doesnt wow you, but he is a quality CB that can provide above average depth. </P>

<U>Round 5</U> -</P>

Nick Provo, TE - Syracuse..... good offenses threat for Cuse' who caught everything thrown at him. He has good size and speed for the Giants offense and isnt afraid to take a hit. Needs to work on his blocking, but so did Boss. </P>

Chandler Harnish, QB - Northern Illinois... Giants need some young minds at QB and start to groom someone. Carr has been a nice backup, but he is 34 years old. </P>

Winston Guy, S - Kentucky.... guy is a tackling machine. It might be due to the fact that KU isawful and teams threw the ball on them. With that said, Guy has some good experience and showed to be durable. Also, I just want to scream "whats up, Guy?" at the games. </P>

<U>Round 6</U> - </P>

Donte Paige-Moss, DE - North Carolina... big time upside on this kid. Reports are that he gets lazy and disappears at times. He is a supreme talent that needs a locker room/coaching staff to push him. If he is available in round 6, he must be drafted. </P>

Eric Page, WR - Toldeo..... Third down machine. Cruz has been lights out this year and Nicks is becoming a big play threat. Manningham is probably gone and the jury is still out on Jernigan. Page catches everything and would push Jernigan to perform.</P>

Marcus Fortson, DT - The U.... extremely talented kid that was injured in college. When healthy is can be dominant, but needs to keep his @$$ on the field. </P>

<U>Round 7</U> -</P>

Korey Williams, ILB - Southern Miss... Good defender when healthy. He tore his ACL early in the season, but the guy can play and plays fast. He is all over the field and does a good job getting pressure in the backfield.</P>

Blair Walsh, K - Georgia... Tynes has been good. But, he still scares the heck out of me. It might be a good idea to draft the best kicker and put the salary saved towards another position.</P>

Jonas Gray, RB Notre Dame....He had a productive Senior campaign and showed some power and elusiveness. NFL is becoming a game of big men. Big RB's are starting to be more useful. This kid could provide nice depth. </P>

</P>

</P>
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

Re: Mock Draft 2.8

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Fletcher Cox, DT - Miss. State.... Beast off the D-Line. Quick and does a great job getting in the backfield. </P>

Donta Hightower, ILB - Alabama..... ultra smart football player that will have no problem converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Was a first round pick as a junior, but decided to stay in school. So much top level experience.</P>

Kevin Zeitler, OG- Wisconsin...... Perfect fit for the Giants offensive line. Paved the way for Monte Ball to have a stellar season. Guy has a nasty demeanor, which is typical from Wisconsin O-Lineman. </P>

<U>Round 2</U> - </P>

Trumaine Johnson, S/CB - Montana..... versitile kid that can play both positions. Big enough for a safety, but athletic enough to play corner. Ross, TT and Grant may not be back and this kid could take over for Grant in that hybrid S/LB position. </P>

Dwight Jones, WR - North Carolina..... Manningham now has a ring and may choose to get paid, I can't blame him. With that said, Eli is peaking and needs to continue to have weapons around him. Jones is a baller. He is a big, physical target that plays like Nicks, but with a bigger frame.</P>

Bernard Pierce, RB - Temple.... Super productive back in the MAC conference. Good size and power, with the ability to show some speed. Jacobs is done and the Giants need someone to take some of the pressure off Bradshaw.</P>

<U>Round 3</U> -</P>

Chandler Jones, DE - Syracuse... this guy is in all my mock drafts. He's smooth and does a great job in pursuit. He is could vill a nice void that Tolly will leave or even Osi, if they decide to trade him.</P>

Nate Potter, OT - Boise State.... Kellen Moore and Doug Martin. There is a reason that they were successful in there careers at Boise. Potter hasquick feetand could be a niceguy to push/battle Beatty for the LT position.</P>

Nick Toon, WR - Wisconsin..... Again, Manningham now has a ring and may choose to get paid, I can't blame him. Giants need to continue to have weapons around him. Toon is a Anquan Boldin type of player that can go over the middle. Tough guy. </P>

<U>Round 4</U> -</P>

Ladarius Green, TE - Louisiana Lafayette..... instant mismatch for defenses in the receiving game. He needs to bulk up and develop his blocking skills. He could be a big time steal in the draft. </P>

Robert Turbin, RB - Utah State.... If you are not familiar with this guy, then you need to do some research. Runs with some serious power and has the ability to be elusive and slip through tacklers. Big guy that could be nice addition to the backfield and replace Jacobs. </P>

Donnie Fletcher, CB - Boston College... BC connection comes up again. Fletcher has the typical Giants CB size and has the speed to match it. His numbers and game doesnt wow you, but he is a quality CB that can provide above average depth. </P>

<U>Round 5</U> -</P>

Nick Provo, TE - Syracuse..... good offenses threat for Cuse' who caught everything thrown at him. He has good size and speed for the Giants offense and isnt afraid to take a hit. Needs to work on his blocking, but so did Boss. </P>

Chandler Harnish, QB - Northern Illinois... Giants need some young minds at QB and start to groom someone. Carr has been a nice backup, but he is 34 years old. </P>

Winston Guy, S - Kentucky.... guy is a tackling machine. It might be due to the fact that KU isawful and teams threw the ball on them. With that said, Guy has some good experience and showed to be durable. Also, I just want to scream "whats up, Guy?" at the games. </P>

<U>Round 6</U> - </P>

Donte Paige-Moss, DE - North Carolina... big time upside on this kid. Reports are that he gets lazy and disappears at times. He is a supreme talent that needs a locker room/coaching staff to push him. If he is available in round 6, he must be drafted. </P>

Eric Page, WR - Toldeo..... Third down machine. Cruz has been lights out this year and Nicks is becoming a big play threat. Manningham is probably gone and the jury is still out on Jernigan. Page catches everything and would push Jernigan to perform.</P>

Marcus Fortson, DT - The U.... extremely talented kid that was injured in college. When healthy is can be dominant, but needs to keep his @$$ on the field. </P>

<U>Round 7</U> -</P>

Korey Williams, ILB - Southern Miss... Good defender when healthy. He tore his ACL early in the season, but the guy can play and plays fast. He is all over the field and does a good job getting pressure in the backfield.</P>

Blair Walsh, K - Georgia... Tynes has been good. But, he still scares the heck out of me. It might be a good idea to draft the best kicker and put the salary saved towards another position.</P>

Jonas Gray, RB Notre Dame....He had a productive Senior campaign and showed some power and elusiveness. NFL is becoming a game of big men. Big RB's are starting to be more useful. This kid could provide nice depth. </P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm not sure if we will have the luxury to wait for the 4th round to draft. If we do, it means we must have signed a FA TE IMO.</P>

I'm still good with my first, but here's a 2nd for fun, just picks though (trying to change up my repetitive picks):

1. Kevin Zeitler (OG)-Wisconsin
    2. Lamar Miller (RB)-Miami or Doug Martin (RB)-Boise St
    3. Brandon Boykin (CB/KR)-UGA
    4. Michael Egnew (TE)-Missouri
    5. Joe Adams (WR) Arkansas
    6. Demario Davis (LB) Arkansas State (my sleeper. I think his draft is going to jump up though when he hits the combine)

[quote user="critters"]I'm still good with my first, but here's a 2nd for fun, just picks though (trying to change up my repetitive picks):

1. Kevin Zeitler (OG)-Wisconsin
    2. Lamar Miller (RB)-Miami or Doug Martin (RB)-Boise St
    3. Brandon Boykin (CB/KR)-UGA
    4. Michael Egnew (TE)-Missouri
    5. Joe Adams (WR) Arkansas
    6. Demario Davis (LB) Arkansas State (my sleeper. I think his draft is going to jump up though when he hits the combine)

[/quote]</P>

I doubt Lamar is there in the 2nd... if so, yippie skippie!!!</P>

I thought about Egnew aswell, but he really had a poor season. If Green and Egnew are available in the 4th, i'd prefer Green for his athletism. </P>

2014 Draft:

[quote user="Seducer"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

<U>Round 2</U> - </P>

<U>Round 3</U> -</P>

<U>Round 4</U> -</P>

<U>Round 5</U> -</P>

<U>Round 6</U> - </P>

<U>Round 7</U> -</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm not sure if we will have the luxury to wait for the 4th round to draft. If we do, it means we must have signed a FA TE IMO.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I feel that the Giants are confident in waiting until the later rounds to grab a TE, because the coaching staff does a great job developing young players and making them servicable. i.e.</P>

DJ Ware - Jets PS</P>

Ballard - PS player, then promoted.</P>

Tollefson - Raider PS</P>

Boothe - Raiders regret... which is hard to do. </P>

</P>

2014 Draft:

Veteran

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Seducer"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

<U>Round 2</U> - </P>

<U>Round 3</U> -</P>

<U>Round 4</U> -</P>

<U>Round 5</U> -</P>

<U>Round 6</U> - </P>

<U>Round 7</U> -</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

I feel that the Giants are confident in waiting until the later rounds to grab a TE, because the coaching staff does a great job developing young players and making them servicable. i.e.</P>

DJ Ware - Jets PS</P>

Ballard - PS player, then promoted.</P>

Tollefson - Raider PS</P>

Boothe - Raiders regret... which is hard to do. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

That could be the route the elect to go. I read a quote from JR saying that he likes the guy on our practice squad, Christian Hopkins. </P>

I want the 49ers to pick up Johnson in the 2nd, he can be a good corner I think. But Jones is not going to make to the 3rd, let alone like the 90th pick or whatever it will be. Neither will Nick Toon most likely.

[quote user="look@dafilm"]I want the 49ers to pick up Johnson in the 2nd, he can be a good corner I think. But Jones is not going to make to the 3rd, let alone like the 90th pick or whatever it will be. Neither will Nick Toon most likely.
    [/quote]</P>

Well this isnt a 49ers board, so who cares what those scrubs draft. Alex Smith will be your down fall, unless you upgrade. </P>

2014 Draft:

Bench Player

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

This draft is deep with TE, CB and RB's. With that said here we go...</p>

<u>Round 1</u> - (Giants always like the the BPA in the first round)</p>

Fletcher Cox, DT - Miss. State.... Beast off the D-Line. Quick and does a great job getting in the backfield. </p>

Donta Hightower, ILB - Alabama..... ultra smart football player that will have no problem converting from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Was a first round pick as a junior, but decided to stay in school. So much top level experience.</p>

Kevin Zeitler, OG- Wisconsin...... Perfect fit for the Giants offensive line. Paved the way for Monte Ball to have a stellar season. Guy has a nasty demeanor, which is typical from Wisconsin O-Lineman. </p>

<u>Round 2</u> - </p>

Trumaine Johnson, S/CB - Montana..... versitile kid that can play both positions. Big enough for a safety, but athletic enough to play corner. Ross, TT and Grant may not be back and this kid could take over for Grant in that hybrid S/LB position. </p>

Dwight Jones, WR - North Carolina..... Manningham now has a ring and may choose to get paid, I can't blame him. With that said, Eli is peaking and needs to continue to have weapons around him. Jones is a baller. He is a big, physical target that plays like Nicks, but with a bigger frame.</p>

Bernard Pierce, RB - Temple.... Super productive back in the MAC conference. Good size and power, with the ability to show some speed. Jacobs is done and the Giants need someone to take some of the pressure off Bradshaw.</p>

<u>Round 3</u> -</p>

Chandler Jones, DE - Syracuse... this guy is in all my mock drafts. He's smooth and does a great job in pursuit. He is could vill a nice void that Tolly will leave or even Osi, if they decide to trade him.</p>

Nate Potter, OT - Boise State.... Kellen Moore and Doug Martin. There is a reason that they were successful in there careers at Boise. Potter hasquick feetand could be a niceguy to push/battle Beatty for the LT position.</p>

Nick Toon, WR - Wisconsin..... Again, Manningham now has a ring and may choose to get paid, I can't blame him. Giants need to continue to have weapons around him. Toon is a Anquan Boldin type of player that can go over the middle. Tough guy. </p>

<u>Round 4</u> -</p>

Ladarius Green, TE - Louisiana Lafayette..... instant mismatch for defenses in the receiving game. He needs to bulk up and develop his blocking skills. He could be a big time steal in the draft. </p>

Robert Turbin, RB - Utah State.... If you are not familiar with this guy, then you need to do some research. Runs with some serious power and has the ability to be elusive and slip through tacklers. Big guy that could be nice addition to the backfield and replace Jacobs. </p>

Donnie Fletcher, CB - Boston College... BC connection comes up again. Fletcher has the typical Giants CB size and has the speed to match it. His numbers and game doesnt wow you, but he is a quality CB that can provide above average depth. </p>

<u>Round 5</u> -</p>

Nick Provo, TE - Syracuse..... good offenses threat for Cuse' who caught everything thrown at him. He has good size and speed for the Giants offense and isnt afraid to take a hit. Needs to work on his blocking, but so did Boss. </p>

Chandler Harnish, QB - Northern Illinois... Giants need some young minds at QB and start to groom someone. Carr has been a nice backup, but he is 34 years old. </p>

Winston Guy, S - Kentucky.... guy is a tackling machine. It might be due to the fact that KU isawful and teams threw the ball on them. With that said, Guy has some good experience and showed to be durable. Also, I just want to scream "whats up, Guy?" at the games. </p>

<u>Round 6</u> - </p>

Donte Paige-Moss, DE - North Carolina... big time upside on this kid. Reports are that he gets lazy and disappears at times. He is a supreme talent that needs a locker room/coaching staff to push him. If he is available in round 6, he must be drafted. </p>

Eric Page, WR - Toldeo..... Third down machine. Cruz has been lights out this year and Nicks is becoming a big play threat. Manningham is probably gone and the jury is still out on Jernigan. Page catches everything and would push Jernigan to perform.</p>

Marcus Fortson, DT - The U.... extremely talented kid that was injured in college. When healthy is can be dominant, but needs to keep his @$$ on the field. </p>

<u>Round 7</u> -</p>

Korey Williams, ILB - Southern Miss... Good defender when healthy. He tore his ACL early in the season, but the guy can play and plays fast. He is all over the field and does a good job getting pressure in the backfield.</p>

Blair Walsh, K - Georgia... Tynes has been good. But, he still scares the heck out of me. It might be a good idea to draft the best kicker and put the salary saved towards another position.</p>

Jonas Gray, RB Notre Dame....He had a productive Senior campaign and showed some power and elusiveness. NFL is becoming a game of big men. Big RB's are starting to be more useful. This kid could provide nice depth. </p>

</p>

</p>[/quote]

We don't have a 7th pick, we gave it up for Sage to the vikings.

Blair Walsh in the 6th round should be a consideration then. </P>

2014 Draft: