+ Reply to Thread

Weatherford last year...

How great would it have been to have a punter with a brain in his head.. If he's punting for us last year, what happens? Perhaps we would've made a run?

BY THE WAY... How's that desean jackson punt return looking these days?

[]

Re: Weatherford last year...

Lets not even bring his name up again.

Mark my words, no Weatherford, no Super Bowl Champs. He was clearly the special teams MVP. His SB performance was magnificent. Props to the FO on this pickup and the Jets for their blunder.

[quote user="G.I. Ants"]Mark my words, no Weatherford, no Super Bowl Champs. He was clearly the special teams MVP. His SB performance was magnificent. Props to the FO on this pickup and the Jets for their blunder.
    [/quote]

Exactly my point.. He was fantastic.

All-Pro

[quote user="G.I. Ants"]Mark my words, no Weatherford, no Super Bowl Champs. He was clearly the special teams MVP. His SB performance was magnificent. Props to the FO on this pickup and the Jets for their blunder.
    [/quote]

i agree, i would have never thought that i would be saying this about a punter, but we would have lost, at least, 1 more game than we did if not for Weatherford and that would have been it for us ... either before the playoffs or during

Weatherford was huge and his contract is up. Give him a hefty long-term contract ASAP. The contrast between him and D**** is a testament to how important it is to have a good punter.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="G.I. Ants"]Mark my words, no Weatherford, no Super Bowl Champs. He was clearly the special teams MVP. His SB performance was magnificent. Props to the FO on this pickup and the Jets for their blunder.
    [/quote] i agree, i would have never thought that i would be saying this about a punter, but we would have lost, at least, 1 more game than we did if not for Weatherford and that would have been it for us ... either before the playoffs or during[/quote]

Some people got ripped last year for saying Dodge was a big factor, or even the factor in a couple of losses.Now you see what a top guy can do to keep you in games and there is no question that dodge was a huge factor in some of those losses.

Starter

[quote user="OX1"]

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="G.I. Ants"]Mark my words, no Weatherford, no Super Bowl Champs. He was clearly the special teams MVP. His SB performance was magnificent. Props to the FO on this pickup and the Jets for their blunder.
    [/quote] i agree, i would have never thought that i would be saying this about a punter, but we would have lost, at least, 1 more game than we did if not for Weatherford and that would have been it for us ... either before the playoffs or during[/quote]

Some people got ripped last for saying Dodge was a big factor, or even the factor in a couple of losses last year.Now you see what a top guy can do to keep you in games and there is no question that dodge was a huge factor in some of the losses.

[/quote]

Tynes, Weatherford, & DeOssie contributed greatly to the Giants success. The kick coverage improved. Kudos to the coaches. If we can get anything out of the return game we'll be more than solid next year. That said, very few miscues when they settled on who would return kicks & punts. We are pointing in the right direction. The kicking game is so important.

Weatherford was huge in the SB. I was pulling for him in training camp and was glad they got rid of Dodge. All facets of the game are important. Pay the man.