+ Reply to Thread

Eli VS. Brady? Lets put it to rest!!!

Every radio station has been comparing the legacy of Eli to that of Brady. My question is...........If we had Tom Brady and the Patriots have Eli, Do we win Superbowl 42 and Superbowl 46? What do you guys think? I want to say no but who really knows.........

Re: Eli VS. Brady? Lets put it to rest!!!

they are both great QBs....period...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro

Eli was the better QB on Sunday

Brady is great and 1st ballot HOF and he played his butt off vs. us on Sunday, but I think he is now on the decline ... still could easily win 1 or 2 more SBs with the right supporting cast ... but his best days are now behind him, whereas, Eli is now in his prime

Brady retires in the next 2-3 years. Book it. He is getting old, and you can see it on his face too. The AFC was incredibly weak this year and probably will be for a couple more years so Brady can capitalize on it, but I think he's at the end of his career.

Just to answer your question.

Its impossible to really know what would happen if the QBs were switched. Changes to many things.

But I'll say that both of the throws Eli made to lead to the wins in both games simply cannot be made by Tom Brady at any point in his career.

Eli's still writing his legacy however it already has better drama and tuggs at more heart strings than does brady's legacy.

Brady has a great upset win in the SB but Eli has a greater one and it doesn't have a Spygate cloud over it.

Eli has two signature drives in the SB where he brought the team down the field and scored TDS.

Brady has none.

(The lack of a signature drive from Brady has always been explained away by saying "Hey its not Brady's fault the team only needed a field goal to win. But Sunday the team needed a TD to win and he didn't deliver.)

Eli's has maybe the 1 and 2 throws ever completed in a Superbowl as a signature,

Brady's signature play is the Tuck Rule.

Eli is known as a iron man who makes great throws even under remarkable pressure from the pass rush.

Brady Is known for damanding roughness flags from the referees.

I mean I can keep going.

Brady will go down as a great QB but Eli and the Giants really knocked his legacy around pretty bad.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.