+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

so will giants rip up jpp's contract?

Francesa mentioned that he may demand a new deal betetr to do it now than later

Re: so will giants rip up jpp's contract?

i don't think he's demanding a new deal. the idea is to do it before it even becomes an issue. I think they should do it b/c there is no issue as to his worth. of course, i don't fully know the cap issues, etc. but in theory i like it.

I'm sure that the Maras will throw him the 7 year $40+ million dollar long term deal they like to use (ala Osi and Tuck).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="jppmvp90"]Francesa mentioned that he may demand a new deal betetr to do it now than later[/quote]

have you seen the cap hits in some of our existing deals for this year?

there's a thread on that subject.

Rolle is $9mm, Canty is almost $8mm, Jacobs is almost $7, Webby is $7, Snee is $7, Diehl is $5.

I don't know if we've got enough cap space to sign the guys that are FAs this year, nevermind signing guys who are still under contract.

It's only Money....................Show him the Money,
    Show him the Money,

[quote user="BillTheGreek"]It's only Money....................Show him the Money, Show him the Money,[/quote]

but its the NFL and its "not" only money. The Cap has to be adhered to....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="BillTheGreek"]It's only Money....................Show him the Money, Show him the Money,[/quote]

[/quote]

right.

or you 'run out of money' while you're 'showing guys the money'.

PS: I hate that "its only money" mantra from fans in the NFL.

Cue the "well, that up to reese to figure out how to make it fit, just pay everyone everything they want........" comments coming up.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="jppmvp90"]Francesa mentioned that he may demand a new deal betetr to do it now than later[/quote]

have you seen the cap hits in some of our existing deals for this year?

there's a thread on that subject.

Rolle is $9mm, Canty is almost $8mm, Jacobs is almost $7, Webby is $7, Snee is $7, Diehl is $5.

every single one of those guys is replacable (not saying I want them replaced, but u can spend that money and get equal talent). JPP is not. There isn't one DE out there I'd rather have (given current talent, age, potential, ethic) than him.

I don't know if we've got enough cap space to sign the guys that are FAs this year, nevermind signing guys who are still under contract.

[/quote]

New contract NOW so you can lock him up at a bargain price
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

right.

or you 'run out of money' while you're 'showing guys the money'.

PS:* I hate that "its only money" mantra from fans in the NFL.

Cue the "well, that up to reese to figure out how to make it fit, just pay everyone everything they want........"* comments coming up.

[/quote]

YOU want Super Bowl Wins ? you are going to have to pay Top Dollar for the best Players or they move on. Then you wind up like the Browns.

mantra - the definition you can understand
    A mantra is a repeated word or phrase, prayer or chant. (noun). An example of a mantra is a team saying "We will win" over and over again.