+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pretty awesome stuff on the Eli Hall debate very compelling argument here

Pretty interesting stuff… take that Kurt Warner.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...30-1.3493231#2

Re: Pretty awesome stuff on the Eli Hall debate very compelling argument here

[quote user="SBChamps85"]Pretty interesting stuff… take that Kurt Warner.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...30-1.3493231#2[/quote]

It's a stupid article ... all it points out is that Eli has to keep playing.

I don't think anyone doubts Eli is a HoF candidate if he puts up even mediocre numbers over the next 4-5 years.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

great article... Eli really dominates Elway at the age of 30. Comparing Namath to Eli is just laughable. Eli's future looks real bright. HOF! Here Eli comes.

Lets compare Warner's stats at the age of 30. Warner had 98 passing TDs..... And Eli has 185 passing TDs.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="SBChamps85"]Pretty interesting stuff… take that Kurt Warner.

I don't think anyone doubts Eli is a HoF candidate if he puts up even mediocre numbers over the next 4-5 years.[/quote]

I thought it was pretty amazing that Eli had better numbers than everyone on the list with the exception of Marino and Montana. And he had over 40 more tds than Montana.

I had a very heated debate with someone about whether Eli would be a HOF'er if he retired tomorrow. I flat out said "no".

Eli's a heck of a player, and had a HOF caliber type of year, but the HOF (other than Namath) is about CAREER & INDIVIDUAL success.

Eli's definitly has got the rings, now he needs to continue building his individual accomplishments to get in. He needs to string together another few excellent seasons to be in that class in my mind.

Said the same thing for Big Ben.

When their careers are over, I feel both will probably get in at some point. But it's way too early for them to be locks right now.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Eli is headed in the right direction of course. He will get there no doubt.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="SBChamps85"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="SBChamps85"]Pretty interesting stuff… take that Kurt Warner.

I don't think anyone doubts Eli is a HoF candidate if he puts up even mediocre numbers over the next 4-5 years.[/quote]

I thought it was pretty amazing that Eli had better numbers than everyone on the list with the exception of Marino and Montana. And he had over 40 more tds than Montana.[/quote]

It was a different league back then. Check out Montana's completion percentage. Insanely good.

[quote user="SBChamps85"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="SBChamps85"]Pretty interesting stuff… take that Kurt Warner.

I thought it was pretty amazing that Eli had better numbers than everyone on the list with the exception of Marino and Montana. And he had over 40 more tds than Montana.[/quote]

Different league, different rules, different play styles.

And having HoF conversations about 30 years olds is just silly since the HoF is about a full body of work.

Eli is definitely on his way to Canton. I don't think anyone disagrees there.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

I had a very heated debate with someone about whether Eli would be a HOF'er if he retired tomorrow. I flat out said "no".

Eli's a heck of a player, and had a HOF caliber type of year, but the HOF (other than Namath) is about CAREER & INDIVIDUAL success.

Eli's definitly has got the rings, now he needs to continue building his individual accomplishments to get in. He needs to string together another few excellent seasons to be in that class in my mind.

When their careers are over, I feel both will probably get in at some point. But it's way too early for them to be locks right now.

[/quote]
    Look at Bradshaws numbers too . Eli's numbers are that. If Namath is in the hof , this shouldn't even be a debate . Eli has done enough

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[/quote]

But you're under-valuing Eli's accomplishments by narrowly defining accomplishments in the way of stats.

Eli has personal accomplishments that are bigger than a compilation of stats.

The fact that Eli Manning has the greatest play in SB history against "The greatest team" in SB history.

The fact that he lead two go ahead TD drives in that SB.

The fact that his team beat the 18-0 patriots honestly should be enough to go in the hall of FAME especially when you look at the totality of that season and the entire playoff run on the road including the almost mythical Frozen Tundra.

But everyone wanted to see it again to prove it wasn't a fluke and Eli did it again.

I just can't see an argument to keep Eli out of the hall of FAME at this point.

Saying he's not in the HOF yet is basically saying he needs to stay in the league and complie stats in order to get in which is ridiculous to me and not what football is supposed to be all about.

I'm telling you if Curtis Martin is in Eli is in.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.