+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Never thought I'd say this: Ray Lewis is classier than Brady

In the wake of Cundiff choking on the kick, and Evans dropping a perfectly thrown ball, Lewis was incredibly supportive of them. He's one of the greatest, most competitive players I've ever witnessed, it well could be the last chance he had for the SB, yet he never even slightly hinted at any blame on them.
    contrast to Brady who lets Welker twist in the wind as the supposed goat with a halfhearted 'its a team game' crap. HE threw a terrible ball, HE gacked on the safety, HE panicked and threw up the jump ball that Blackburn intercepted. But he doesn't take an iota of blame on himself directly. (i'm not getting into the Giselle stuff - that's not his fault).

Re: Never thought I'd say this: Ray Lewis is classier than Brady

i think you only caught a soundbite of the brady interview.

he said that welker is an awesome athlete, that given the opportunity to run that play again he'd throw it to welker again, and he hopes that he's throwing passes like that to welker for a very very long time.

what you caught was Brady's response to the question "did your recievers let you down today tom?"

And you can thank the media for how they've communicated those answers.

i have alot of respect for tom brady.

Ray Lewis was 100% classy with his post game speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGfx8VkSf20

With Brady, he put the blame on Welker.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

he said that welker is an awesome athlete, that given the opportunity to run that play again he'd throw it to welker again, and he hopes that he's throwing passes like that to welker for a very very long time.

what you caught was Brady's response to the question "did your recievers let you down today tom?"

[/quote]

The thing with Brady is that he never admitted that it was bad pass. He just said that he would still throw it to him. Welker took some blame and Brady should at least admit that his throw was off.

[quote user="freeoscar"]In the wake of Cundiff choking on the kick, and Evans dropping a perfectly thrown ball, Lewis was incredibly supportive of them. He's one of the greatest, most competitive players I've ever witnessed, it well could be the last chance he had for the SB, yet he never even slightly hinted at any blame on them.
    contrast to Brady who lets Welker twist in the wind as the supposed goat with a halfhearted 'its a team game' crap. HE threw a terrible ball, HE gacked on the safety, HE panicked and threw up the jump ball that Blackburn intercepted. But he doesn't take an iota of blame on himself directly. (i'm not getting into the Giselle stuff - that's not his fault).[/quote]

I really like Ray Lewis. Brady played a decent game. He had to adjust that throw to Welker because of the safety. I don't begrudge him for throwing the ball to the Gronk, 9 out of 10 he gets that ball. If you looked at the replay, he got no push off of his left ankle, that prevented him from getting enough height for the jump ball. If you are on the field, you make the play. I think that Brady throws that ball just like he did during the whole season. with all of that said, I think that he could have supported Welker better. The game was not lost because of Welker, it amazes me that people even entertain the idea.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

+1 he was completely supportive of welker
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]

The thing with Brady is that he never admitted that it was bad pass. He just said that he would still throw it to him. Welker took some blame and Brady should at least admit that his throw was off.
    [/quote]

he said more than 'he would still throw it to him'.

The point is, he absolutely didn't throw welker under the bus. he did the exact opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLg8cq2xvFc

exactly. he never took the blame off welker, and it boggles me that people blame him for that. it was not a great throw by any means. it wasn't terrible either, but given the time he had, and that he's one of the top 10 QBs of all time, it was pretty poor. I just don't get why boston media/fans are all blaming welker and letting Tom off the hook. And why he is basically doing the same thing. As if there were ever any doubt that Welker is his best receiver, and one of the best in the game.

Ray Lewis had every right to be bitter and devastated, but he didn't let even an iota of that show through. I was surprised and impressed.

All-Pro

ha, that was an inspiring speech by Ray, but did he come up with it before the lost or in case they lost ??, i mean proactive, yes, but a little bit defeatist as well

Actually, thinking about this...How much class did you think ray lewis had before?

I have always found lewis to be similar to jacobs in how he speaks his mind and doesn't care what the media thinks of him
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!