+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESPN Insider "Can The Giants Become a Dynasty?"

Can someone with ESPN Insider give us a Cliff Notes version of this article?

Re: ESPN Insider "Can The Giants Become a Dynasty?"

What is the definition of a dynasty?

what do they mean 'become'?

We're in the middle of one.

I've always been under the impression that a dynasty begins with either 3 championships in a row, or 4 over a 5 year period.

[quote user="FLNYGFAN"]I've always been under the impression that a dynasty begins with either 3 championships in a row, or 4 over a 5 year period.[/quote]

If we win another SB in the next 4 years with Eli, we'll go down as a dynasty.

3 SBs with the same QB is enough to do it.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Banned

[quote user="FLNYGFAN"]I've always been under the impression that a dynasty begins with either 3 championships in a row, or 4 over a 5 year period.[/quote]

no.......

that is usually how it ends

we win again next year in more convincing fashion and we are officially a dynasty

The Patriots were considered a dynasty when they won in 02, 04, and 05. If the G-Men were to repeat then the dynasty argument could be made.

All-Pro

in today's NFL ... with the cap and FA .... with injuries being such a big impact on team's seasons ... i'd say 2 in 4 is almost dynariffic

and if we were to get another one in the next 2 or even 3 years ... well there's a mini-modern dynasty

The rules of a dynasty were adjusted for the Patriots. I'm pretty sure the Pats are the only dynasty with only 3 championships. You also have to repeat at some point to be considered.

And we will repeat as long as Eli is healthy.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Win next season.... And that is a dynasty.

Giants win 2007,2011 and 2012.

3 championships in 6 seasons.

The early 2000s Patriots dynasty vs this giants dynasty..... That would make a great super bowl matchup! HAHAHA