+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Eli shouldn't be in the HOF

Not yet at least... I keep seeing you guys bash on Warner and Simms because their either saying that Eli isn't better than Peyton or that Eli doesnt deserve the HOF yet.

Well, Eli ISN'T better than Peyton and he DOESN'T deseve the hall yet.

I love Eli as our QB, but in order to be in the HOF you have to be one of the best of ALL time!

I think he will be eventually, but if he was to retire tomorrow, I do not believe he would be on the Ballot.

Re: Eli shouldn't be in the HOF

He is getting real close and has proven himself to be a better postseason QB than Peyton. 2-3 more years like this past year and he is a shoo in.

[quote user="TroyArcher"]He is getting real close and has proven himself to be a better postseason QB than Peyton.* 2-3 more years like this past year and he is a shoo in.*[/quote]

I agree with you, he doesnt have Peytons numbers yet though

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Not yet at least... I keep seeing you guys bash on Warner and Simms because their either saying that Eli isn't better than Peyton or that Eli doesnt deserve the HOF yet.

I love Eli as our QB, but in order to be in the HOF you have to be one of the best of ALL time!

I think he will be eventually, but if he was to retire tomorrow, I do not believe he would be on the Ballot.[/quote]

Im not saying that Eli would deserve to go if he were to retire tomorrow. But, Namath made the hall and he isnt one of the best fo all time. If Namath made the hall with his numbers and only 1 SB, thats setting the bar low for best of all time.

I know what the SB win meant for the League and all, but when you think of Best of all time Namath doesnt come to mind.

[quote user="bluesince86"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Not yet at least... I keep seeing you guys bash on Warner and Simms because their either saying that Eli isn't better than Peyton or that Eli doesnt deserve the HOF yet. Well, Eli ISN'T better than Peyton and he DOESN'T deseve the hall yet. I love Eli as our QB, but in order to be in the HOF you have to be one of the best of ALL time! I think he will be eventually, but if he was to retire tomorrow, I do not believe he would be on the Ballot.[/quote] Im not saying that Eli would deserve to go if he were to retire tomorrow. But, Namath made the hall and he isnt one of the best fo all time. If Namath made the hall with his numbers and only 1 SB, thats setting the bar low for best of all time. I know what the SB win meant for the League and all, but when you think of Best of all time Namath doesnt come to mind.[/quote]

Thats why Namath is in, for him it was not just the numbers, His victory assured the AFL/NFL merger - truly groundbreaking and HOF worthy. The Jets win changed football, and if you accomplish something that Drasticallychanges the sport for the better than that in and of itself is HOF worthy.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Not yet at least... I keep seeing you guys bash on Warner and Simms because their either saying that Eli isn't better than Peyton or that Eli doesnt deserve the HOF yet.

I think he will be eventually, but if he was to retire tomorrow, I do not believe he would be on the Ballot.[/quote]

so what does he have to do to get in?

It would be nearly impossible to top what he's done in two SB appearences.

He's got to win a third SB?

In my opinion a 3rd SB puts him in the top 5 all time and unequivically puts him ahead of Tom Brady.

Or does he just need to keep playing for 7 more years compling around 4000 yrds, 30 tds and 15 ints per year?

Is that really what the HOF is about. Compiliing stats??
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I sure hope he shouldnt be in

He's got at least 7 real good years in him still.

[quote user="Hostetler"]

[quote user="bluesince86"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Not yet at least... I keep seeing you guys bash on Warner and Simms because their either saying that Eli isn't better than Peyton or that Eli doesnt deserve the HOF yet. Well, Eli ISN'T better than Peyton and he DOESN'T deseve the hall yet. I love Eli as our QB, but in order to be in the HOF you have to be one of the best of ALL time! I think he will be eventually, but if he was to retire tomorrow, I do not believe he would be on the Ballot.[/quote] Im not saying that Eli would deserve to go if he were to retire tomorrow. But, Namath made the hall and he isnt one of the best fo all time. If Namath made the hall with his numbers and only 1 SB, thats setting the bar low for best of all time. I know what the SB win meant for the League and all, but when you think of Best of all time Namath doesnt come to mind.[/quote]

Thats why Namath is in, for him it was not just the numbers, His victory assured the AFL/NFL merger - truly groundbreaking and HOF worthy. The Jets win changed football, and if you accomplish something that Drastically*changes the sport for the better than that in and of itself is HOF worthy.

[/quote]

I get what you are saying, but for me I just dont think its enough. I mean yes, they were the first AFL team to win a SB but its not like that would never have happened in the future. Would you make that QB on a different team a HOFer if they had pedestrian career stats but won the first SB for the AFL? Im not sure that just because he won the 1st SB for the AFL that his career overall should have put him there. Yes, he was on the team and was the first AFL QB to win the SB and MVP, but he was 17/28 206 0 0 hardly a game winning performance. Was he really all that instrumental in wining the game that he deserved the MVP or was he more of a game manager and the whole guarantee thing got him the MVP and hence the HOF? (I ask only because I wasnt around to watch that game).

If he copy and pastes this same regular season 4-6 more times, he'll be in for sure. He hasn't given us any reason to believe he won't yet...this season was easily his most consistent. I'm sure there are more, but off the top of my head, the only throw he made this year that made me say "uh oh...here we go..." was the interception against New England. It was a classic example of Eli just trying to do WAYYY too much with his arm. Then he led a comeback drive, and I didn't open my mouth for the rest of the season. He deserves our trust at this point...and I am 100% behind him.

AN KURT WARNER IS - LOOK AT THE NUMBERS.
    Not saying he is or isn't but Elis numbers are equal to Warners and he has two sb wins and mvp
    As far as being better than his brother. His brother has all the stats but who would you take in the 4th quarter.