+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Who are your top 5 sleepers?

By sleepers, I mean guys that aren't projected to go in the first 4 rounds (pre combine/pro day)

1. Demario Davis (LB) Arkansas State... Extremely fast with good power. Great in coverage and getting to the outside. Not the ideal height for a MLB, but at 6'1 240 I think he can manage. He played OLB throughout college but played MLB at the Senior Bowl I believe. Good tackler and has shown great ability to get off of blockers. Keep an eye on this guy at the combine.

2. Bryce Brown (RB) no team... The guy has some problems and has pretty much handled every step of his career so far horribly. Still, he has the ability to be an elite RB at the next level if he can mature and get focused... he could be a great player.

3. Dequan Menzie (CB) Alabama... Perhaps lacking in elite speed but was great at Alabama. Lived in the shadow of Dre Kirkpatrick despite outplaying him IMO in 2010. Beat out a previous 5 star starter in Demarcus Milliner after transferring to Alabama. Some may think he'll go in the first 4 rounds, but the site I'm using for grades (profootball weekly) has him listed 5th or later) If he doesn't count I'll stick with the same team and say Jerrell Harris (OLB) from Alabama who really came on strong his senior year. Very quick and athletic and will probably put up great numbers at the combine. 5 star player out of high school that played behind bigger guys.

4. Tauren Pool (RB) Not sure if he has #1 RB ability but I think he has the skills to be a great guy off the bench.

5. Rishard Mathews (WR) Nevada. A little raw but still gets the job done. He has a great blend of size and speed 6'1 215 with a track background. Top 10 in CFB in receiving yards. Will get up after the ball and will do the dirty work. Very promising future.

--would also put Vick Ballard on this list but lately I've seen him mocked in the first 4 rounds.

Re: Who are your top 5 sleepers?

got me bro ,I can't draft worth a sh** sleepers? I did win 18 of 21 teams in fanasty football,Nfl,Cbs,Fox!! So maybe I'am not so bad?

Bobby Rainey (RB)

Evan Rodriquez (FB/TE)

Donte Paige-Moss (DE)

Andrew Datko (OT)

I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]

Andrew Datko (OT)[/quote]

This.

If he recovers from his injury somebody is getting a good football player. I would not be surprised if Christian Ponder is up in minn. whispering in the GM's ear. Prior to his injury, the only guy I sw actually get the better of Datko now plays for us wearing #90.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"]

Andrew Datko (OT)[/quote]

This.

If he recovers from his injury somebody is getting a good football player. I would not be surprised if Christian Ponder is up in minn. whispering in the GM's ear. Prior to his injury, the only guy I sw actually get the better of Datko now plays for us wearing #90.

[/quote]He had a pretty serious shoulder injury. Some guys bounce back from surgery and some don't. Can't think of the name of the freshman LB, (FSU) but he had a similar type injury to Datko and he's done playing football. I'd like to know how his medical went.

Not sure if Demario Davis is still a sleeper. He had a pretty good Combine.

Mike Harris, CB, Florida State- That's my guy right there. If he isn't a "sleeper", I don't know what is. Pretty sure he checked in at 5"10, 188 lbs.

Jordan White and Greg Childs are two sleepers of mine.

[quote user="Neverend"]Jordan White and Greg Childs are two sleepers of mine.[/quote]I don't know if I'd call Childs a sleeper. Aside from Jarius Wright and Joe Adams, Childs was one of Ryan Mallett's go to guys & a solid WR. Should be interesting though to see where he goes in the draft & how he performs in the NFL. A lot of Arkansas guys are saying Childs hasn't been the same since his injury (torn patella tendon).

All-Pro

CB Shaun Prater, Iowa
    RB Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati