Re: Who are your top 5 sleepers?

Xavier Rhodes DB FSU

Johnathan Massaqoui DE Troy

Rod Brooks DB LSU

Ben Jones C GA

[quote user="critters"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Neiko Thorpe, S, Auburn
    [/quote]

Oddly enough, the guy also plays like he's asleep. I can't tell you how many tackles I've watched him miss. It's like he looks at the ground sometimes when he's tackling. Not trying to knock your sleeper though. Sorry.
    [/quote]Probably another guy not going to get drafted but thought I'd throw his name in the mix since I haven't seen it up in other threads. 4 reps of 225 on his Pro Day was kind of a head scratcher, even though he did really well in the rest of the drills.

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Xavier Rhodes DB FSU[/quote]Xavier Rhodes is still playing football at FSU & is or will be anything but a sleeper. Maybe we need to explain or define what a "sleeper" exactly is-

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Xavier Rhodes DB FSU [/quote]

Like many of the potential FSU defensive prospects who could have come out this year, Rhodes chose to return to school.

Next year's class from FSU entering the NFL is going to be sought after, especially if Bjorn Werner departs.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Xavier Rhodes DB FSU [/quote]

Like many of the potential FSU defensive prospects who could have come out this year, Rhodes chose to return to school.

Next year's class from FSU entering the NFL is going to be sought after, especially if Bjorn Werner departs.
    [/quote]

Werner is an absolute train... He was totally dominant this past year and he has little Football experience. He will be a first round selection.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Xavier Rhodes DB FSU [/quote]

[/quote]Brandon Jenkins & Bjorn Werner at DE might be the best duo in the country. Don't forget about Cornelius "Tank" Carradine at DE, that guy is a monster.

Ill add some more guys I like.

Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL.

He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers.

Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role.

Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.

[quote user="slipknottin"]

Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.[/quote]

He is a damn good player. The problem is I think zone blocking scheme teams are going to covet him.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Ill add some more guys I like. Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL. He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers. Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role. Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.[/quote] I got Omar Bolden as one of my sleepers in this thread as well.. As for Bernard Pierce, i've been super high on him since 2010.. I actually thought he would be the best back in the country in 2011, at one point in 2010... I think he could end up a HORSE for someone, or at least end up a very good starter, if he stays healthy...

Bench Player

1. Brandon Hardin cb/s Oregon State
    2. Ronnie Hillman rb San Diego
    3. Ron Brooks cb LSU
    4. Terrell Manning lb NC State
    5. Scott Wedige C Northern Illinois

+ Reply to Thread