+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who are your top 5 sleepers?

Re: Who are your top 5 sleepers?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Ill add some more guys I like. Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL. He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers. Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role. Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.[/quote] I got Omar Bolden as one of my sleepers in this thread as well.. As for Bernard Pierce, i've been super high on him since 2010.. I actually thought he would be the best back in the country in 2011, at one point in 2010... I think he could end up a HORSE for someone, or at least end up a very good starter, if he stays healthy...[/quote]You gotta like the versatility w/ Bolden. He's solid in both man and zone coverage & even returns kicks. My only question w/ him is his durability. He missed most of 2009 w/ a sprained MCL and all of last year w/ a torn ACL.

S- George Iloka (boise st)

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="slipknottin"]Ill add some more guys I like. Omar Bolden, CB, Az st. Missed all of last year with a torn ACL. He doesnt have the typical giants height (5'10), but hes really thick (202 pounds) and physical as hell. (benched 225 24 times too). He ran mid 4.4s at his proday. I forgot he was even in this draft. But he reminds me of a slightly taller and faster Brandon Flowers. With his plant and drive and tackling skills he would do well in zone, and he is very good in bump and run coverage, and loves beating on receivers. Malik Jackson - DE, Tenn. Big and long, was 6'5 284 at the combine, now at 290 at his proday. He is explosive, strong, and has a good motor, but hes inconsistent, and has a lot of technique issues. Gets upright right at the snap constantly and negates all his ability. But I think he can become a Jason Jones type player, especially inside in pass rush situations, which is really all the giants would need him to do in his first season or two. Let him develop and expand his role. Bernard Pierce- probably not much of a sleeper anymore, since he ran a couple 4.35s in a row at his proday, but if for whatever reason he was around in later rounds he would be a great pick. 6'0 220 pounds. So he has relatively low center of gravity, which helps because he runs very upright. But has fantastic feet and lateral agility. Has some durability issues. But could develop into a good tandem back.[/quote] I got Omar Bolden as one of my sleepers in this thread as well.. As for Bernard Pierce, i've been super high on him since 2010.. I actually thought he would be the best back in the country in 2011, at one point in 2010... I think he could end up a HORSE for someone, or at least end up a very good starter, if he stays healthy...[/quote]You gotta like the versatility w/ Bolden. He's solid in both man and zone coverage & even returns kicks. My only question w/ him is his durability. He missed most of 2009 w/ a sprained MCL and all of last year w/ a torn ACL.
    [/quote] Yup, thats pretty much the only thing thats kept him from being a most likely 2nd rd pick, in my opinion...

I know he has been mentioned before, but I am going to reiterate Davin Megget.

He really is aquality north-south Rb who knows how to use his blockers. Everytime I watch a clip of him I wonder to myself what he would have done on a team that used him more and more to his strengths, let alone actually had some decent blockers.

I think you could put this kid on Bama, or LSU, or VT, or Georgia Tech or any of the run dominant programs and this kid would be as productive a back as their was in College football, cept maybe TR.

Lastly, he is a smart kid(double major) and a class act.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I know he has been mentioned before, but I am going to reiterate Davin Megget.

He really is aquality north-south Rb who knows how to use his blockers. Everytime I watch a clip of him I wonder to myself what he would have done on a team that used him more and more to his strengths, let alone actually had some decent blockers.

I think you could put this kid on Bama, or LSU, or VT, or Georgia Tech or any of the run dominant programs and this kid would be as productive a back as their was in College football, cept maybe TR.

Lastly, he is a smart kid(double major) and a class act.
    [/quote] Couden't agree more about Davin Meggett.. The kid would be much earlier draft pick if his college jersey read LSU

Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincy.

6'4 270, at his proday he had a 39.5" vert, and ran a 4.51 and 4.58 40. Then put up 29 reps of 225.

Cincy did not use him correctly, and as such he has virtually no receiving stats, probably will be 7th rounder or undrafted.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincy.

6'4 270, at his proday he had a 39.5" vert, and ran a 4.51 and 4.58 40. Then put up 29 reps of 225.

Cincy did not use him correctly, and as such he has virtually no receiving stats, probably will be 7th rounder or undrafted.[/quote]gotta admit I dont know much about him. But you have me curious.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincy.

Cincy did not use him correctly, and as such he has virtually no receiving stats, probably will be 7th rounder or undrafted.[/quote]
    not sure where you got 29 reps on the bench, pretty sure he only did 15? He also jumped 11'3" in the broad which along with his 39.5 vertical would of led all TE's at the combine

[quote user="juice33s"]
    not sure where you got 29 reps on the bench, pretty sure he only did 15? He also jumped 11'3" in the broad which along with his 39.5 vertical would of led all TE's at the combine
    [/quote]

Yep, sorry, misread the article. He put up 15 reps. Obviously can gain some upper body strength.

Bench Player

Love Jordan white. Sick production, I know it was in the MAC, but check his stats against Michigan, Illinois, uconn, and purdue. He was the entire offense and still those schools could not contain him. He will have a long nfl career imo.

+ Reply to Thread