+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Patriots Message Board is trying to make themselves feel better...

They are calling the Giants "SO-CALLED" Champs?

The link below:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ry-giants.html

There stating that cause the G-Men play in a tougher conference and they play in a better conference the G-Men "stink." Huh?

This one makes me angry as well:

"Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky."

Re: Patriots Message Board is trying to make themselves feel better...

whatever gets them through the offseason

lol let them find what lets them sleep at night

Veteran

[quote user="NYG6timeworldchamps"]

The link below:

There stating that cause the G-Men play in a tougher conference and they play in a better conference the G-Men "stink." Huh?

"Difference between 2001 Pats and these two "Championship" Giants teams is that the Pats went on afterwards to prove their domination wasn't a fluke. Greenbay did this last year. The Saints continued to dominate after their turn around as well. The Giants don't do this. They slip back into mediocrity, with no real leadership and reinforce the idea that they really were just lucky."

[/quote]

We dominated in 2008 and had a first round bye into the playoffs. Then lost. How is that different than what Green bay did?

[quote user="NYG6timeworldchamps"]

The link below:

[/quote]

this thread made me sign up for their boards.

i find it interesting that the historical smear Pats fans used against the Colts is that they could rack up all the fantastic regular season records they wanted, what mattered was championships.

Guess championships don't matter that much when you're not winning them anymore.

To their credit, there's been a few other threads on there that are much more mature than what you'll find on the 49ers board.

There's one talking about Jacobs Geisele comments, and about half of the responses in that thread fall into the "well, if we don't like all the trash talk, we should try beating them in championship games" category.

That's pretty mature for a fanbase that's lost twice to us.

Why do you care? Why still visit their boards even? The game is over, the champ is crowned.

this isn't even factually correct. the '08 giants were the #1 seed and lost their first playoff game (like the '11 packers). the '10 Saints were a WC and lost their 1st playoff game (to a losing team). The '02 Patriots didn't even qualify for the playoffs.

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="NYG6timeworldchamps"]

The link below:

[/quote]

this thread made me sign up for their boards.

i find it interesting that the historical smear Pats fans used against the Colts is that they could rack up all the fantastic regular season records they wanted, what mattered was championships.

Guess championships don't matter that much when you're not winning them anymore.

To their credit, there's been a few other threads on there that are much more mature than what you'll find on the 49ers board.

There's one talking about Jacobs Geisele comments, and about half of the responses in that thread fall into the "well, if we don't like all the trash talk, we should try beating them in championship games" category.

That's pretty mature for a fanbase that's lost twice to us.

[/quote]

The last post in the thread talks about how the Giants slip into Mediocrity after winning the super bowl

Can you point out to them that in 2008, the Giants went 12-4 and Won the division, then lost in the first round, just like the Packers?

I'd appreciate it if you spread some knowledge there, but I don't feel like registering myself

All-Pro

how exactly did we slip into mediocrity again ... the Pats had not won a playoff game since 2008 either

and we went 12-4 the year after SB42, then we had a bad year ... injuries, etc. but even in that bad year we were .500 at 8-8, right? ... then the MeSean Jackson, 4th quarter collapse mess, but still 10-6 and this year was dicey ... 9-7 ... trailing in all but 1 game ... but heck when you end up 13-7 and get the ring ... hellooooo hard to dismiss that part of it

this might sound a little crazy, but maybe some teams go too crazy in the regular season ... it's a war of attrition ... Tuck paced himself, for example

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"]how exactly did we slip into mediocrity again ... the Pats had not won a playoff game since 2008 either

and we went 12-4 the year after SB42, then we had a bad year ... injuries, etc. but even in that bad year we were .500 at 8-8, right? ... then the MeSean Jackson, 4th quarter collapse mess, but still 10-6 and this year was dicey ... 9-7 ... trailing in all but 1 game ... but heck when you end up 13-7 and get the ring ... hellooooo hard to dismiss that part of it

this might sound a little crazy, but maybe some teams go too crazy in the regular season ... it's a war of attrition ... Tuck paced himself, for example[/quote]

Giants haven't been under .500 while coached by Coughlin and led by Eli, and have made the playoffs for a majority of those years