+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: collinsworth

collinsworth

Who else thought collinsworth was partial to the Pats?Even making excuses for how the game could have turned out differently.

Re: collinsworth

Cris Collinsworth: "Wes Welker makes that catch 100 times out of 100."

[...]

Al Michaels: "That must've been the 101st time."

Collingsworth is a knob. I'd heckle him if I ever saw him at an airport

Just Collingsworthless staying the course for the year......

he really got on my nerves this year.

although i have to admit, i'd rather listen to collingsworth 100 times out of 100 instead of chuckie & jaws.

I feel like ripping my own ears off when i hear those two knobs.

always hates the giants going back to the sf playoff game in 02

Yeah, Collinsworth was almost as bad as he was during the season finale against DAL.

You really could tell that he was rooting against us in both of those games. I dunno why, maybe he didn't like the idea of a 9-7 team winning it all, and he's supported us in the past, but this year he really seemed to be pulling against us.

And the disdain he had for LT on Inside the NFL was so palatable you could almost see it eminating off of him.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

[quote user="bansaw"]Cris Collinsworth: "Wes Welker makes that catch 100 times out of 100."

[...]

[/quote]

I don't understand why that comment would get you upset. Not only is it probably accurate (Welker is the most sure-handed receiver in the NFL and has caught more balls over the past 5 years than anyone else in the league), but it's not exactly complimentary. It's basically a pompous way of saying "I can't believe he dropped that."

Because ole Chris wasn't saying how could someone of Welkers caliber drop that pass,he was saying the Giants are lucky and should have lost to the better team.JMHO

[quote user="JDE123"][quote user="bansaw"]Cris Collinsworth: "Wes Welker makes that catch 100 times out of 100."

[...]

[/quote]

I don't understand why that comment would get you upset. Not only is it probably accurate (Welker is the most sure-handed receiver in the NFL and has caught more balls over the past 5 years than anyone else in the league), but it's not exactly complimentary. It's basically a pompous way of saying "I can't believe he dropped that."
    [/quote]

The thing is, it wasn't accurate. Everyone acts like that was an easy catch. He was twisting and reaching backward with his body basically parallel to the ground. It wasn't a good throw and while maybe Welker makes it more often than not, if he caught it, it would have been a great catch. If anyone other than Brady is throwing that ball, you can bet the criticism would have been on the thrower, not the receiver.

Collinsworth obviously has a beef with us..
    He never criticized Brady 's lame duck chuck that Blackburn int'd. or the STOOPID safety he took.
    When Eli makes one exceptional pass after another it's all luck.... Really annoyed the #$% out of me