+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jose Reyes signs with the Marlins

Jose Reyes signs with the Marlins

Sorry met fans but he left to go to the new miami marlins.
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...iami-marlins/1
    Should of traded him mets.
    Now the mets will bask in mediocrity or worse for a while.

Re: Jose Reyes signs with the Marlins

They were never going to give him 6 years.

But yeah, it's obvious this team is not committed to winning next season. That''s what a rebuilding team is all about. However, I also can't see myself attending any games in 2012. Why pay to watch a team that is not focused on winning?

I am a Met fan and I am glad that he's gone. No way the Marlins will get their money's worth out of that deal.

[quote user="kbusch22"]They were never going to give him 6 years.

But yeah, it's obvious this team is not committed to winning next season. That''s what a rebuilding team is all about. However, I also can't see myself attending any games in 2012. Why pay to watch a team that is not focused on winning?[/quote]
    Its gotta suck for a while. If fans dont buy tickets then maybe they might focus on winning in a few years.

the funny thing here was I had a thought that Theo would make a play at Reyes for teh Cubs and either put him or Starlin on 3B...similiar to Arod and Jeets in New York.

LOL

Marlins suck, even with their solo WS title. Miami's just not a sports town, though I respect the Phins for nostalgia's sake.

Ozzie will flip his lid and make headlines down there but in the end, he went Obscurity City.

All that said, and I hope you Mets fans can see some happiness and soon. (i'll never take an elitist, a-hole approach to you guys or your team...I went to a few games as a youth so I have a soft spot for the Mets)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread