+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiancoe

Bench Player

Shiancoe

I tweeted Shiancoe last night to say that it would be a great time to reunite with Big Blue.. he responded with hmmmmm..

I think he would be a perfect fit for us!

Re: Shiancoe

Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

Although a return for Shiancoe sounds nice, I'm thinking J. Finely beacuse of age. But who knows?

Well he wouldn't provide us with a lot of blocking but as an option in the pass game he could play a Tight End/ Slot Receiver combo much like Beckum did at times.

Depends, as with most free agency on the price. We dont have a lot of money to play with and may need to fill holes almost exclusively via the draft.

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

Although a return for Shiancoe sounds nice, I'm thinking J. Finely beacuse of age. But who knows?[/quote]

zero chance of us getting finley. For one I am sure he is going to stay with the packers and even if he does become available, we do not have the cash to pay him. Fred Davis is also getting franchised to he is out even though I didn't want him.

[quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

Although a return for Shiancoe sounds nice, I'm thinking J. Finely beacuse of age. But who knows?[/quote]

zero chance of us getting finley. For one I am sure he is going to stay with the packers and even if he does become available, we do not have the cash to pay him. Fred Davis is also getting franchised to he is out even though I didn't want him.[/quote]

It is good to see that Shiancoe would consider coming back. He was extremely under utilized during his time with the gmen. I am sure that he would be one of Manning's favorite targets right away.

[quote user="Bohemian"][quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

zero chance of us getting finley. For one I am sure he is going to stay with the packers and even if he does become available, we do not have the cash to pay him. Fred Davis is also getting franchised to he is out even though I didn't want him.[/quote]

It is good to see that Shiancoe would consider coming back.* He was extremely under utilized during his time with the gmen.* I am sure that he would be one of Manning's favorite targets right away.
    [/quote]

The Giants might get the TE position in the draft?
    I can see all of the above. There's more than 30 days for teams to deal with their soon-to-be FAs.

Remeber... the franchise tag comes with a price tag. "the franchise tag offer will be the average of the top paid player at the respective position over the last five seasons." -wiki
    It's not just preventing another team from getting the player. Fred Davis getting tagged and being paid near top TE money? Well come to think of it... it's the Redskins and Snyder so that wouldn't surprise me... lol

[quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

fred davis franchised? hes not worth top 5 TE money. I doubt that happens

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

[/quote]

I didn't make this up in my own mind. Comcast sports net is reporting it.
    (sorry i dont know how to link)
    http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/re...4&feedID=10316

[quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"][quote user="ELIteManning"][quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Shiancoe was drafted by the Giants, but pretty much lived in the shadow of Shockey (whose also a FA) as a Giant. Found success as a Viking.

[/quote]

I didn't make this up in my own mind. Comcast sports net is reporting it.
    (sorry i dont know how to link)
    http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/re...4&feedID=10316[/quote]

Like I said.. Redskins and Snyder... not surprised...

So loving the fact that our dumb--- divisional rivals have dumb--- owners too. lol

It's a young man's game.

How long has Shiancoe been on the league?