+ Reply to Thread

Since beckum and ballard wont be ready for the offseason, (Torn ACL) it is pretty damn obvious we will be looking at Tight ends

First and foremost, i wish them both a full recovery and i felt bad seeing them have to leave the game early. I am very grateful for the things they helped our team accomplish this year. I am glad the're on this team.

But in all honesty

Who's excited? i would be shocked if we didnt take one in the draft. i wont be surprised if we drafted 2 tight ends this year.

Any good ones coming into this draft? Can someone send me some links? i dont watch college football.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Re: Since beckum and ballard wont be ready for the offseason, (Torn ACL) it is pretty damn obvious we will be looking at Tight ends

[quote user="Marvelousmik"]First and foremost, i wish them both a full recovery and i felt bad seeing them have to leave the game early. I am very grateful for the things they helped our team accomplish this year. I am glad the're on this team.

But in all honesty

Who's excited? i would be shocked if we didnt take one in the draft. i wont be surprised if we drafted 2 tight ends this year.

Any good ones coming into this draft? Can someone send me some links? i dont watch college football.
    [/quote]

There is no doubt in my mind that the team needs to be seriously looking for TEs in case either of the injured TEs don't recover properly. The Ballard injury is the one that worries me the most, as he needs that leg-strength to run block, plus the flexibility to run routes. I have never been a huge Beckum fan, and have always considered him more of an h-back instead of a true TE.

Re: Since beckum and ballard wont be ready for the offseason, (Torn ACL) it is pretty damn obvious we will be looking at Tight ends

if we dont trade out of our 32nd pick, i firmly believe the BPA will be either Burfect, a fierce ILB, or the Stanford TE.

Both picks would improve our team dramatically. The stanford te is a GREAT blocker, an amazingly smart and gifted route runner, AND a legit vertical threat. He's not gonna be the strongest, fastest, or most athletic TE in the draft class, but he does have first round talent and I suspect he'll be a late 1rst or early to mid 2nd round draft pick.

Maybe we'd trade back and get lucky and he'll still be there in the 2nd. But still I really am hoping for that stanford te, check him out. he's the senior i believe.

it'd be awesome to get either one of those players

Ballard/Beckum IMO were somewhat average, If the Giants could draft or sign a stud tight end to stretch the field that could make Eli very dangerous.

I like Pashcoe & Ballard but another guy is the mix could really help

The Gigalo with the most below

Id be ecstatic to get either stanford TE Coby Fleener or Clemson TE Dwayne Allen with the 32nd pick. Also wouldnt mind picking up Shiancoe in Free agency if we dont address TE in the Draft.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]if we dont trade out of our 32nd pick, i firmly believe the BPA will be either Burfect, a fierce ILB, or the Stanford TE.

Both picks would improve our team dramatically. The stanford te is a GREAT blocker, an amazingly smart and gifted route runner, AND a legit vertical threat. He's not gonna be the strongest, fastest, or most athletic TE in the draft class, but he does have first round talent and I suspect he'll be a late 1rst or early to mid 2nd round draft pick.

Maybe we'd trade back and get lucky and he'll still be there in the 2nd. But still I really am hoping for that stanford te, check him out. he's the senior i believe.

it'd be awesome to get either one of those players[/quote]

man im so excited for the draft.. isnt it much sweeter when ur going into the off season as the champs?
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"]if we dont trade out of our 32nd pick, i firmly believe the BPA will be either Burfect, a fierce ILB, or the Stanford TE.

it'd be awesome to get either one of those players[/quote]

Every mock I see has Burfict going to the Ravens but I just don't see it. I really believe he will be there when we pick and Reese will take him. If it weren't for his atttitude problems and whatever, he would be a top 15 pick. At 32 he will be too much talent for Reese to pass on.

I really do like Fleener though.

Reese has avoided going early for a LBer and I don't see him doing it this year..

If we get Allen/Fleener and Doug Martin somehow in this draft, I'll scream louder than a Girl Scout.