+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NY Giants Legends

I feel like this post is necessary due to the heat a lot of players on this team take from our fans. IMO the following players should forever be Giants Legends. We are never again allowed to speak poorly on anyone of the following players. Thats right, NEVER!

1. Tuck

2. Snee

3. McKenzie

4. Bradshaw

5. Jacobs

6. Osi

7. Webster

8. Ross

9. Blackburn

10. Tollefson

11. Diehl

12. Eli

A lot of the above players have received way too much heat on these boards. All 12 played a VERY BIG role in 2 Super Bowl Championships for us. 2 SB titles gives you a free pass no matter what happens in the future.

I never want to hear a bad thing about any of these guys again. True heroes of our organization. Legends who should be remembered forever.

Re: NY Giants Legends

give it a week into the season and someone on this list will be getting dissed lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]give it a week into the season and someone on this list will be getting dissed lol[/quote]

That long?
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Sorry, no. LT=Legend. Carson=Legend. Gifford=Legend. Tittle=Legend. etc...

A couple of those guys you listed, maybe one day in the future. The majority of the guys you listed....Absolutely not.

only guys maybe on that list you mentioned are Tuck and Eli

[quote user="bigjeep"][quote user="GmenFan1980"]give it a week into the season and someone on this list will be getting dissed lol[/quote]

That long?[/quote]

Should I shorten it to a day?
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="Firenugget"]Sorry, no. LT=Legend. Carson=Legend. Gifford=Legend. Tittle=Legend. etc...

A couple of those guys you listed, maybe one day in the future. The majority of the guys you listed....Absolutely not.
    [/quote]

I didnt say NFL legends. I said NY Giants legends.

They were all a huge part of HALF of our super bowls. They are all legends of this organization. Should be remembered that way.

I dont want to hear anything other going forward.

[quote user="NoHuddle10"][quote user="Firenugget"]Sorry, no. LT=Legend. Carson=Legend. Gifford=Legend. Tittle=Legend. etc...

[/quote]

I didnt say NFL legends. I said NY Giants legends.

They were all a huge part of HALF of our super bowls. They are all legends of this organization. Should be remembered that way.

I dont want to hear anything other going forward.[/quote]

I cant believe anyone is disagreeing here. Maybe its just me, but if you dedicate yourself to our fanbase and organization as much as the 12 guys above have AND are a big part of two Super Bowl Trophys (and all the joy we felt with them both), then you should forever have a free pass. Especially with your own fanbase.

If you think otherwise, then imo you are flat out pathetic.

Sorry there is a good chance some of those guys aren't going to be retiring as G-Men, even if they come back to us after they hang up their helmets. I'm not going to cheer for Osi if he gets traded and nails Eli and it cost us a game in the future. Sorry.

When they are retired and come home that's one thing, but they don't get immunity for life until then.

Although hell for me personally there are somethings some of our retired legends do that just make me shake my head.

[quote user="NoHuddle10"][quote user="Firenugget"]Sorry, no. LT=Legend. Carson=Legend. Gifford=Legend. Tittle=Legend. etc...

[/quote]

I didnt say NFL legends. I said NY Giants legends

I dont want to hear anything other going forward.[/quote]

I understand that. And I'm telling you...no.

Ross is a NY Giants Legend?? Tolly?? Jacobs?? Diehl?? I'm sorry but not even Bradshaw. I'll give you Osi, Eli and Tuck and probably Snee. That's about it. And even THEN "Legend" is a bit much. Actually, it's alot much.