+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terrell Thomas Contract Update

T2, who is a free agent this season, was on the radio talking about his contract issue.

He said his agent and the Giants are in talks now, and are "on the same page". He said he really wants to be back with the Giants and hopes they feel the same way. By the tone of his voice, he sounded like things were going to get done. But he did say that "nothing is official until the ink hits the paper".

T2 may be back after all.

Re: Terrell Thomas Contract Update

[link]http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/12745/terrell-thomas-has-been-in-talks-with-giants[/link]

Can they resign him now? Or can they only agree in principal before free agency officially starts.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Can they resign him now? Or can they only agree in principal before free agent officially starts.[/quote]

Pretty sure they can resign him now. I'm not sure what the date is before he actually becomes a FA to begin with.

so i would think this means ross is gone next year.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]so i would think this means ross is gone next year.[/quote]

yea seems that way. Thats too bad, he really came around. Hope he gets paid somewhere.

YEAHHHHH!!!!!

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]so i would think this means ross is gone next year.[/quote]

Not necessarily. They may sign TT to a one-year prove it deal and sign Ross to a 2 year Kiwi type deal.

[quote user="Overdrive92"]T2, who is a free agent this season, was on the radio talking about his contract issue. He said his agent and the Giants are in talks now, and are "on the same page". He said he really wants to be back with the Giants and hopes they feel the same way. By the tone of his voice, he sounded like things were going to get done. But he did say that "nothing is official until the ink hits the paper". T2 may be back after all.[/quote]On the positive side, we get him much cheaper than we would have. On the negative side, he's coming off his second acl surgery. This game is cold and it is a shame that great guys like TT get punished financially after such an incident. There is no answer for it but it is a shame. The best case is for an incentive ladened contract which he is able to maximize due to stellar play. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]so i would think this means ross is gone next year.[/quote]

Not necessarily. They may sign TT to a one-year prove it deal and sign Ross to a 2 year Kiwi type deal.[/quote]

why would ross accept a 2 year deal?

he's got 2 rings, we'll probably get a home town discount but i would thing he could get a fat 4-5 year deal in a number of franchises.

i don't think he would accept a 2 year deal from us because our cap is tight.