+ Reply to Thread

Report: Peyton likely to the Skins - IN OUR DIVISION

I was browsing a Jets forum because I wanted to see them complain about our championship when I came across this.

Peyton could be coming to our division: Eli's division. And for the first time ever, I think Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles fans can all agree on something: we don't want that happening.

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports reports that "everyone" he talks to in the NFL believes Peyton Manning will become a Redskin if and when he becomes a free agent. This comes on the heels of a weekend report from two people close to Manning saying "it is very likely" Manning will end up with the Redskins. It is clear both the Redskins and the Dolphins will pursue Manning. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan cannot afford another losing season if he wants to keep his job and for once the Redskins have plenty of salary cap room. It is also believed that the Arizona Cardinals have interest but owner Bill Bidwill may balk at ponying up for Manning a year after the Cardinals paid dearly for the failed Kevin Kolb experiment. Clearly Peyton will have his choice of destinations.

Re: Report: Peyton likely to the Skins - IN OUR DIVISION

Sorry, I just don't see Peyton doing it (playing in Eli's division and in a cold weather city)
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

never

or Peyton might retire?

It's one of those "I'll believe it when I see it things" Peyton going to Jets, Redskins, the Bahamas, etc.. and the Dream Team will go the superbowl with all the big name FAs they signed this season. HA!

[quote user="Overdrive92"]I was browsing a Jets forum because I wanted to see them complain about our championship when I came across this.

Peyton could be coming to our division: Eli's division. And for the first time ever, I think Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles fans can all agree on something: we don't want that happening.

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports reports that "everyone" he talks to in the NFL believes Peyton Manning will become a Redskin if and when he becomes a free agent. This comes on the heels of a weekend report from two people close to Manning saying "it is very likely" Manning will end up with the Redskins. It is clear both the Redskins and the Dolphins will pursue Manning. Redskins coach Mike Shanahan cannot afford another losing season if he wants to keep his job and for once the Redskins have plenty of salary cap room. It is also believed that the Arizona Cardinals have interest but owner Bill Bidwill may balk at ponying up for Manning a year after the Cardinals paid dearly for the failed Kevin Kolb experiment. Clearly Peyton will have his choice of destinations.
    [/quote]

one more time.

after what peyton has gone through at the end of his relationship with jim irsay, he's not going to then jump into bed with dan snyder.

and there'll be more than 2 teams vying for his services.