+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-Pro

I'm happy that Bradshaw scored the TD.

I did think it was a mistake at first, but so many things can go wrong on a kick. No kick is a guarantee.

I heard the radio call by Papa and Banks and Banks said it was the right thing to do. He said you score the TD and trust your defense.

Re: I'm happy that Bradshaw scored the TD.

I think he should have went down then scored on the next play

[quote user="buddy33"]I did think it was a mistake at first, but so many things can go wrong on a kick. No kick is a guarantee.

I heard the radio call by Papa and Banks and Banks said it was the right thing to do. He said you score the TD and trust your defense.[/quote]
    I agree -- don't screw around. And I don't like that Eli had told him "not to score" when handing him the ball -- talk about a mind ****.

I don't even buy that Bradshaw "lost momentum." I think he was confused by what he heard and when at the goal line, decided to take the TD instead of not taking it because he was unsure about what he heard. Either way, doesn't matter to me -- I'm just glad he scored the TD.

Bench Player

I agree 100%, I was begging for him to take the TD when I saw the Pats clear out. like buddy33 said, no kick is a guarantee, anything can happen. I think coaches, announcers and players all take field goals for granted in short range. Things happen. Could you imagine how devastating it would have been to opt to just get the field goal and have it blocked, or a terrible snap or something?!

[quote user="gmenblue8890"]I agree 100%, I was begging for him to take the TD when I saw the Pats clear out. like buddy33 said, no kick is a guarantee, anything can happen. I think coaches, announcers and players all take field goals for granted in short range. Things happen. Could you imagine how devastating it would have been to opt to just get the field goal and have it blocked, or a terrible snap or something?!
    [/quote]
    If you give up a TD from an 8 yard drive with 50 secs left, you deserve to lose. Take the TD.

my theory on this is similar to the final game of the reg. season in 07 when coughlin said you go all out every game every play.

in the SB, why would you let up and not go full out? why would BB do that? now the players will have to wonder what if...what if we stopped them, what if we forced a fumble, what if we blocked the kick...

and its why i like that bradshaw scored...u go all out every game every play. u dont let up or take it easy, thats how bad things happen.

just my take on it. had it been a reg. season game i may feel differently, but in the sb, u go all out for 60 minutes
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

[quote user="giantsfan420"]my theory on this is similar to the final game of the reg. season in 07 when coughlin said you go all out every game every play.

in the SB, why would you let up and not go full out? why would BB do that? now the players will have to wonder what if...what if we stopped them, what if we forced a fumble, what if we blocked the kick...

and its why i like that bradshaw scored...u go all out every game every play. u dont let up or take it easy, thats how bad things happen.

just my take on it. had it been a reg. season game i may feel differently, but in the sb, u go all out for 60 minutes[/quote]
    I agree with you
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

We won - I'm happy but a thought:

A kick from that close is in fact almost always a gimme - as many of you say things can happen - um yes they can - but in fact they almost never do.

A closer look of Tynes shows you he is almost perfect from inside 40. Now you can bring up Cundiff or anderson or anything else you'd like but those are the exceptions and are extremely rare - 97 percent of the time you nail it and not doing something b/c you could get cundiffed is mathematically foolish. That said i dont mind that he scored and put them up by more then an FG with less then 1 minute to play.

[quote user="dave56dj"]We won - I'm happy but a thought:

A kick from that close is in fact almost always a gimme - as many of you say things can happen - um yes they can - but in fact they almost never do.

A closer look of Tynes shows you he is almost perfect from inside 40. Now you can bring up Cundiff or anderson or anything else you'd like but those are the exceptions and are extremely rare - 97 percent of the time you nail it and not doing something b/c you could get cundiffed is mathematically foolish. That said i dont mind that he scored and put them up by more then an FG with less then 1 minute to play.[/quote]

tynes has had chip shot fgs blocked and also has missed chip shot fgs. one vs atlanta in round 1 even...i agree its the easiest kick possible, but it doesnt mean it can't go bad real fast
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Veteran

Statistically it actually does mean it wont go bad real fast - he did not miss any kick from that close all year - in fact he is 56 of 57 all time from inside 29, so im not sure why you bring up the missed kick against atlanta. In fact its a 96 percent chance around the league. Yes it could be missed and yes planes do crash - but it is extremely unlikely . And then there is this.

There will be those of you who say, "Well, Billy Cundiff missed a short field goal two weeks ago!" Doing or not doing something because one player on another team failed at a relatively easy task in the recent past is just about the dumbest way to run a business of any sort. Should the Giants have never thrown a pass into the end zone because Lee Evans dropped his open touchdown catch at the end of the AFC Championship Game?

Again happy AB scored but to think it couldnt have worked out another way to is silly - Still revisionist history is lame - we won - IM HAPPY.