+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The head Ref said that the game was over after Welker missed the Catch everyone is crying about.

Now that is funny. I think someone BELIEVED in ELI
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Banned

Re: The head Ref said that the game was over after Welker missed the Catch everyone is crying about.

I think he said That was the game, as in if he caught it that might have been the nail in the coffin.

Re: The head Ref said that the game was over after Welker missed the Catch everyone is crying about.

[quote user="Manning"]I think he said That was the game, as in if he caught it that might have been the nail in the coffin.[/quote]I am going with my view. Half full and optimistic lol..
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

If the ref thinks thats the real deal about the pats fire, well I got news for him the Pats lost the game before they stepped on the field!!! Giants for ever!!!!!

Veteran

Saw it on NFL.com, makes me feel a little bit suspicious with this head referee.

The ref meant it would have ended the game and the Patriots would have won. I can't blame the ref for what he said. If Brady actually hit Welker in stride, I think Welker scores a TD. Pat fans should blame Brady for that bad pass.

If Brady makes that completion to welker, he is down at the 20 yard line....

It would be 3:30 left and 1st down for Pats.... Giants would have to definitely hold the Pats just a FG and stop them from getting another 1st down. If the Giants don't let them score "game over TD", give up another 1st down and gave up just a FG, the Giants would probably have 0 timeouts and 45 seconds to drive 80s yards for TD to win the game.

I know if Eli was on the other side, Eli would have hit Welker right in the numbers for an easy catch. If Eli can drop a beauty 50 yards bomb to Manningham in double coverage, I think he can hit Welker who is wide open due to a botch secondary coverage that is 25 yards away.

[quote user="bflo23"]The ref meant it would have ended the game and the Patriots would have won. I can't blame the ref for what he said. If Brady actually hit Welker in stride, I think Welker scores a TD. Pat fans should blame Brady for that bad pass.

It would be 3:30 left and 1st down for Pats.... Giants would have to definitely hold the Pats just a FG and stop them from getting another 1st down. If the Giants don't let them score "game over TD", give up another 1st down and gave up just a FG, the Giants would probably have 0 timeouts and 45 seconds to drive 80s yards for TD to win the game.

I know if Eli was on the other side, Eli would have hit Welker right in the numbers for an easy catch. If Eli can drop a beauty 50 yards bomb to Manningham in double coverage, I think he can hit Welker who is wide open due to a botch secondary coverage that is 25 yards away.

[/quote]

this. the ref meant it in if welker catches it, the games over. like the romo pass to austin.

although i've heard many analysts say what the ref said, i dont know if thats true. NE would run the play clock down but still prob pass. an incompletion or two, and we still have over 3 min. If NE just was content with the ball on the 20 which i doubt, they'd run it 3x and go for the fg with just under or right at 2 minutes. even 1 min 20 seconds is enough for eli to drive for a touchdown even w/o time outs.

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="bflo23"]The ref meant it would have ended the game and the Patriots would have won. I can't blame the ref for what he said. If Brady actually hit Welker in stride, I think Welker scores a TD. Pat fans should blame Brady for that bad pass.

[/quote]

this. the ref meant it in if welker catches it, the games over. like the romo pass to austin.

although i've heard many analysts say what the ref said, i dont know if thats true. NE would run the play clock down but still prob pass. an incompletion or two, and we still have over 3 min. If NE just was content with the ball on the 20 which i doubt, they'd run it 3x and go for the fg with just under or right at 2 minutes. even 1 min 20 seconds is enough for eli to drive for a touchdown even w/o time outs.[/quote]

The defense would need a big stop but the pats are so difficult to stop scoring let alone a simple 1st down..... I had the same exact "disappointing antsy" feeling when I saw the Romo pass to wide open Miles Austin and when I saw Brady throw to a wide open Welker.... Romo pass was definitely a season ending pass.... And I think most likely brady to welker was season ending pass too..... Your holding your breath thinking they are going to catch it and then it drops and you are jumping for joy and relieved.

Veteran

i think he said " aww that would have been the game" as if if welker would of caught it... game over

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran

[quote user="rainierjef"]i think he said " aww that would have been the game" as if if welker would of caught it... game over[/quote]

That part stood out to me.