+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

This year we had the 'Elite" hoopla....already that has shifted to the "HOF" hoopl***

I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

The guy is only breaking NFL records, putting himself in the same class as a few of the greats, has 2 SBMVPS, 2 Probowl invites, and lets be real, he is the true comeback kid playing today.

I guess the great thing about Eli is this seems to bother the fans more than it does him.... and that is a wonderful trait to have in NY.

Re: This year we had the 'Elite" hoopla....already that has shifted to the "HOF" hoopl***

+1

Re: This year we had the 'Elite" hoopla....already that has shifted to the "HOF" hoopl***

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

The guy is only breaking NFL records, putting himself in the same class as a few of the greats, has 2 SBMVPS, 2 Probowl invites, and lets be real, he is the true comeback kid playing today.

I guess the great thing about Eli is this seems to bother the fans more than it does him.... and that is a wonderful trait to have in NY.[/quote]
    It's actually a move in the right direction, for once. If his detractors are starting to argue against HOF, it sounds that they are at least accepting that he's ELIte.

They've always moved the goal post on Eli, so I'm glad that we're moving it back on them.

Maybe, just maybe, one day they'll have to argue that he's not the very best QB of all time, but will accept the HOF argument.

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

I guess the great thing about Eli is this seems to bother the fans more than it does him.... and that is a wonderful trait to have in NY.[/quote]

Sorry but two rings doesn't put you in Canton. Plunkett has two rings, a SB MVP and a Comeback Player of the Year and he's not into Canton.

Eli had a great year, but he needs a few more to get him in Canton IMO.

And who gives a crap what anyone says. The Giants proved all the so-called experts wrong again.

Eli had over a million fans chanting M-V-P to him yesterday. That's all that really matters.
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

Sorry but two rings doesn't put you in Canton.* Plunkett has two rings, a SB MVP and a Comeback Player of the Year and he's not into Canton.

And who gives a crap what anyone says.* The Giants proved all the so-called experts wrong again.

Eli had over a million fans chanting M-V-P to him yesterday.* That's all that really matters.*
    [/quote]

A few more????? that would mean he has to have 5 Rings...... lol

You know, I just started picking up on that today. It's like Eli can never just be "acceptable" for whatever he is. It has to be this never ending "moving goalpost" ... it's like 2 days after the SB and the media is already looking for whatever doors they can leave locked to Eli.

It's like, why the EFF would they need to make such a big deal about this HOF stuff now if not to just draw attention to one more obstacle Eli couldn't possibly have cleared by now?

~

Also, anyone who was paying any attention to last year's 25 picks would have taken note of the unusual amount that tipped off of receivers hands. But no, Eli never gets context in his favor. If it's against him? Like needing a good performance from a defense to win SBs? Then there is context to spare. But tipped passes? Poor pass protection? No. It was just Eli being dumb ol' Eli, right?

Geez.... some of these folks are just unreachable.

The good news for us is that none of the "hoopla" bothers Eli. In fact it probably inspires him to continue to prove any doubters wrong.

[quote user="rebelfan1966"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

Sorry but two rings doesn't put you in Canton. Plunkett has two rings, a SB MVP and a Comeback Player of the Year and he's not into Canton.

And who gives a crap what anyone says. The Giants proved all the so-called experts wrong again.

Eli had over a million fans chanting M-V-P to him yesterday. That's all that really matters.
    [/quote]

A few more????? that would mean he has to have 5 Rings...... lol[/quote]

A few more GREAT SEASONS. Not a few more Super Bowls.

Don't be stupid you moron. Seriously.[:P][]
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="TrueBlue10"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

You know, I just started picking up on that today.* It's like Eli can never just be "acceptable" for whatever he is.* It has to be this never ending "moving goalpost" ... it's like 2 days after the SB and the media is already looking for whatever doors they can leave locked to Eli.

It's like, why the EFF would they need to make such a big deal about this HOF stuff now if not to just draw attention to one more obstacle Eli couldn't possibly have cleared by now?

~

Also, anyone who was paying any attention to last year's 25 picks would have taken note of the unusual amount that tipped off of receivers hands.* But no, Eli never gets context in his favor.* If it's against him? Like needing a good performance from a defense to win SBs?* Then there is context to spare.* But tipped passes? Poor pass protection? No. It was just Eli being dumb ol' Eli, right?

[/quote]

excellent post.

but i agree with some one else from this thread in that the always moving back goal posts is good for eli. it means people will never settle for the level of play he's at, even when it is HOF level. it'll keep him hungry and keep giving him goals to reach.

i found it interesting tho that now peyton is getting the so called "eli" treatment. now HE is the one getting asked "are you jealous of the SB ringS?" "Will u be able to win more than Eli?" etc etc

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="TrueBlue10"][quote user="rebelfan1966"]I am frankly sick of the talking heads on TV. Every year its a new angle to deminish ELi. He is not Peyton, He is too incosistent, He throws too many picks, thows off his back foot, he does not show any fire or emotion, He can't carry his team, He thinks he is Elite...snicker, snicker, and now its morped into "he is not a HOF" QB.

You know, I just started picking up on that today.* It's like Eli can never just be "acceptable" for whatever he is.* It has to be this never ending "moving goalpost" ... it's like 2 days after the SB and the media is already looking for whatever doors they can leave locked to Eli.

~

Also, anyone who was paying any attention to last year's 25 picks would have taken note of the unusual amount that tipped off of receivers hands.* But no, Eli never gets context in his favor.* If it's against him? Like needing a good performance from a defense to win SBs?* Then there is context to spare.* But tipped passes? Poor pass protection? No. It was just Eli being dumb ol' Eli, right?

[/quote]

excellent post.

but i agree with some one else from this thread in that the always moving back goal posts is good for eli. it means people will never settle for the level of play he's at, even when it is HOF level. it'll keep him hungry and keep giving him goals to reach.

i found it interesting tho that now peyton is getting the so called "eli" treatment. now HE is the one getting asked "are you jealous of the SB ringS?" "Will u be able to win more than Eli?" etc etc[/quote]

The media has a hard time accepting that they are "happy" for each other's success. They think their has to be an internal rivalry between the two and they couldn't be more wrong. I have very similar relationship with my brother and we greatly enjoy each others success. Peyton has been Eli's biggest supporter...always helping him or giving him tips (As Eli has reported many times). I thought it was really cool of Peyton to stay away from the cameras during the superbowl to just so the focus was not on him after so much of it was leading up to the game. However, I did miss getting to see his reactions during the game and all. It was pretty cool to see that from the 07-08 Superbowl.