+ Reply to Thread

I think we are winning the division...

We just went toe to toe with the mighty Packers in a game where the winner came down to whoever had the ball last.

After what we saw tonight... I ask you this...

Is beating the Jets and the Cowboys twice that impossible?

I think tonight's effort answers that question with a resounding NO.

Re: I think we are winning the division...

I also think we win the division.

Dallas has a much tougher schedule. They have to travel to Tampa on a Thursday night schedule. They also have to play the Eagles. Let's not forget, the Eagles BLASTED them 34-7 just a few weeks ago. And another cool fact: the Cowboys are winless against the Eagles when Mike Vick plays.

[quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"]We just went toe to toe with the mighty Packers in a game where the winner came down to whoever had the ball last.

I think tonight's effort answers that question with a resounding NO.[/quote]

After what we saw tonight, let me ask you this- where was this passion and intensity all season long?

Believe me, I'm glad we didn't get humiliated tonight like we did on Monday, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this game made me a little hot under the collar when considering our performance of late.

I hope we finish the season 4-0, I really do. But I can't answer your question with a resounding "NO" because I have no clue which Giants team takes the field Sunday night.

[quote user="EmpireStateG"][quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"]We just went toe to toe with the mighty Packers in a game where the winner came down to whoever had the ball last.

I think tonight's effort answers that question with a resounding NO.[/quote]

After what we saw tonight, let me ask you this- where was this passion and intensity all season long?

Believe me, I'm glad we didn't get humiliated tonight like we did on Monday, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this game made me a little hot under the collar when considering our performance of late.

I hope we finish the season 4-0, I really do. But I can't answer your question with a resounding "NO" because I have no clue which Giants team takes the field Sunday night.[/quote]

I hear you... the Giants lost their way the last few games...BUT this game can be used as a launching point. Remember we have seen them do it before with the regular season loss to the undefeated Pats. I'm not saying they will win the SB. I'm just saying beating Dallas and the Jets (WHO STINK) is not impossible by any stretch. Plus when a football team has a moment that builds confidence, even in a loss, they usually go on a roll after that. We've all seen it time and time again through the years.

Bench Player

Yea I think we win the division to. Right now alot of people are pissed but after next week they'll cool down and see how stupid they sound saying that we have no chance after going toe to toe with the best team in the NFL

I find it interesting how some here can be so confident that we'll run the table when we've had plenty of evidence that proves our team's ridiculously maddening inconsistency...

Our chances depends if the good Giants team shows up for the remainder of the season period. And that is NO GIVEN.

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]I find it interesting how some here can be so confident that we'll run the table when we've had plenty of evidence that proves our team's ridiculously maddening inconsistency...

Our chances depends if the good Giants team shows up for the remainder of the season period. And that is NO GIVEN.
    [/quote]

Meh... I just think we went through a rough patch. It happens to all teams, in every sport.

What you saw tonight was a confidence builder, a momentum builder and a launching point.

Could I be wrong? Sure but my gut is telling me I'm right.

[quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]I find it interesting how some here can be so confident that we'll run the table when we've had plenty of evidence that proves our team's ridiculously maddening inconsistency...

[/quote]

Meh... I just think we went through a rough patch. It happens to all teams, in every sport.
    What you saw tonight was a confidence builder, a momentum builder and a launching point.

Could I be wrong? Sure but my gut is telling me I'm right.[/quote]

I been saying that all night in thread after thread. But everyone's killing me for it
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="ToomerFORtheBomb"][quote user="GiantWarfare"]I find it interesting how some here can be so confident that we'll run the table when we've had plenty of evidence that proves our team's ridiculously maddening inconsistency...

[/quote]

Could I be wrong? Sure but my gut is telling me I'm right.[/quote]

Well...rough patches arent typically suppose to happen at the same exact point of the season, just about every year.

TBH I do think we have a great shot at taking the division because as I said, I like our matchups w/ the Cowboys but its not a given like some are saying here....division games are unpredictable for the most part...

And I do agree w/ you, common sense would dictate that a game like we played against GB will be a huge confidence builder but lets see if the team can actually capitalize and bring the same heat to Dallas and for once, win some critical games consecutively...

The season by no means is over but it all comes down to whether or not the good Giants can show up for the remainder of the season.

Its do or die....NOW.

This right here is an extremely satisfying bump... I love being right.