+ Reply to Thread

It's finally Coughlin's team.

With 2 rings under his belt, Coughlin can just concentrate on winning games now instead of selling his ways of coaching to the players, and conversely the new players coming in won't have as much doubt buying into it either.

Let the Giants dynasty begin.

Veteran

Re: It's finally Coughlin's team.

Hope so. This is now uncharted waters for the Giants per their history. The last time the Giants won 2 Super Bowls in 5 seasons with the same head coach everything went to shambles afterwards. Parcells waited until Belichick walked and then retired due to illness (and probably because we wouldn't let him "shop for the groceries" as he once said. Be glad Coughlin is not interested in hoarding the GM spot) leaving us with dopey Ray Handley, who then had to handle a QB controversy and chose Hostetler over Simms.

This will be a far cry from that debacle as Coughlin and his entire staff will be back and needless to say DavidCarr won't be challenging Eli for the QB spot lol. Welcome to a new era of Giants football folks. An organizational stability that we really have never experienced before in the wake of this type of success. The only instability is the same 800 pound gorilla in the roomfor all teams and that is injuries, free agency and the salary cap but again, granted in varying degrees,everyone else has to deal with it as well. Structurely and core-wisethis team is in a very stable state.Again, it is indeed uncharted waters.

Sit back and enjoy the ride folks.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Great point.

It'll be interesting to see if this changes his coaching style/effectiveness at all.

I'm hoping it'll improve things because players will buy in faster.

i just hope that players don't think that as long as you get into the playoffs, thats just a typical road to the superbowl.

there's a reason a 9-7 team has never one a superbowl before us.

We have to improve in the regular season.

I believe what you say is true not only for TC but for Fewell as well.

I have never played organized football. I know there are schemes and you need to be disciplined in your assignments. But that was never more evident to me than this season when the defensive players said they scaled back to just do "their job" and trust the other players to do theirs and let the scheme work. Not that the D was all time but it starting working much better. They all denied the "simplified" aspect but they all said we are doing less. Meaning dont do someone elses job....if you do then yours will suffer.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

I believe what you say is true not only for TC but for Fewell as well.

I have never played organized football. I know there are schemes and you need to be disciplined in your assignments. But that was never more evident to me than this season when the defensive players said they scaled back to just do "their job" and trust the other players to do theirs and let the scheme work. Not that the D was all time but it starting working much better. They all denied the "simplified" aspect but they all said we are doing less. Meaning dont do someone elses job....if you do then yours will suffer.

[/quote]

how many times did we see replays of our LBers in zone coverage getting drawn to one side by a shallow crossing route which then opened up a passing lane for a post or in route?

so many players and teams talk about how strong a team can be when everyone just does their job and doesn't try to do everything (over pursue, giving up the edge, giving up your lane, giving up your gap, and on and on and on).

All-Pro

Coughlin is going to do what he has been doing the past 8 years. He wont change. And he doesnt need to. It was always Coughlins team, especially after beating the 18-0 Pats.

I wouldn't be surprised if other coaches started employing Coughlin rules of their own.

This is definetly his team. All of the players have finally bought into his philosphy.