+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am pro Kiwi at Lb

I think the giants should leave kiwi at lb, he has played better then most expected and do the giants really need to fill another hole at lb.

I thought he did well filling running lanes and taking on fullbacks. I also noticed he played DE on passing downs during the season.
    Mathis is the answer at SLB!
    The Gigalo with the most below

Re: I am pro Kiwi at Lb

It is great to have a player that can play more than one position in any given game. He is a great asset for the team, and a great teammate from what I can see.

[quote user="Martyr"]I think the giants should leave kiwi at lb, he has played better then most expected and do the giants really need to fill another hole at lb.

I thought he did well filling running lanes and taking on fullbacks. I also noticed he played DE on passing downs during the season.
    Mathis is the answer at SLB![/quote]

You realize that he played less snaps then Blackburn did in the SB?

Kiwi is a natural pass rusher. Considering our successes have come because of our immense pass rush, I'd say move him back to DE and get some real LBs.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

How many snaps is Kiwi going to have as a DE with Tuck and JPP? Not enough. Kiwi is too athletic to play 3rd or 4th DE. He's great as a run stuffing LB. How many times did we see him knife in on a RB for a loss? A lot. And on 3rd down, you have a lot of options, he can be a 5th Dlineman, you can go to NASCAR formation, or he can drop into coverage (Maybe not his best use, but he isn't terrible at it.)

the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

[quote user="Mercury"]How many snaps is Kiwi going to have as a DE with Tuck and JPP?* Not enough.* Kiwi is* too athletic to play 3rd or 4th DE.* He's great as a run stuffing LB.* How many times did we see him knife in on a RB* for a loss?* A lot.* And on 3rd down, you have a lot of options, he can be a 5th Dlineman, you can go to NASCAR formation, or he can drop into coverage (Maybe not his best use, but he isn't terrible at it.)

[/quote]He's ghood at stopping the run but he is a huge liability in coverage and seeing the way the NFL is evolving many teams throw on 1st and 2nd down now. Get an OLB that can be out there for all three downs like Zach Brown. Plus with Osi most likely being gone and the frequent D-line rotation we have also the Nascar package he will see plenty of PT.

He seemed to get better as the year went on. He is a big assett because of his versatility.

I think that we can expect Williams to be the OLB with Boley next year. But I do see Kiwi playing situational roles next year. And if Osi does get traded, Kiwi should transition back to the line.

I have to say that I am becoming a big Williams fan, as he has great size, speed and instincts to play the position. Blackburn is a great complimentary player as well.

[quote user="Bohemian"]I think that we can expect Williams to be the OLB with Boley next year.* But I do see Kiwi playing situational roles next year.* And if Osi does get traded, Kiwi should transition back to the line.

I have to say that I am becoming a big Williams fan, as he has great size, speed and instincts to play the position.* Blackburn is a great complimentary player as well.
    [/quote]

i love the offseason lol
    FUTURE NFL STAR

[quote user="Martyr"]I think the giants should leave kiwi at lb, he has played better then most expected and do the giants really need to fill another hole at lb. I thought he did well filling running lanes and taking on fullbacks. I also noticed he played DE on passing downs during the season. Mathis is the answer at SLB![/quote]

+1. They need to stop moving him back and forth, plus it's nice to be able to bring his pass rushing skills from the LB position.

Even if Osi is gone (which I don't think will happen), I wantKiwi to stay at LB. They should draft another DE, if necessary.

All-Pro

absolutely ... people sometimes get caught up in the well he played DE at college ... well news flash he gets to rush the passer plenty with us

in order to have enough pass rushers and keep those pass rushers, you need to find a way for most of them to start and LB was the ideal way to have Kiwi both be a starter and be available for NASCAR packages as a D-lineman

and finally, it's no longer an experiment ... he is great at LB vs. the run and his wingspan and great athletic ability covers up a lot of his coverage inexperience ... he's a very good zone pass defender and he continually improves when he has to play some man to man vs. RBs or TEs ... altho, again he is generally playing D-line on passing downs