+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

To all Anti-Osi's JPP is against it :)

[link]http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_jason_pierre-paul_give.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=t witter&utm_term=%23nyg[/link]

i love this kid. were built to make another run at it keep the key players. i understand there's a cap but i also understand that there is room for restructuring and negotiations.

Re: To all Anti-Osi's JPP is against it :)

no one is 'anti-osi'.

not being able to afford what Osi wants as a contract is not 'anti-osi'.

and 99% of fans that you would classify as 'anti-osi' fall into the category that we can't afford to pay him $7-$10 million a season.

If he would play for what he's getting paid now, with escalation, he would retire a giant for 99% of us.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

no one is 'anti-osi'.

and 99% of fans that you would classify as 'anti-osi' fall into the category that we can't afford to pay him $7-$10 million a season.

If he would play for what he's getting paid now, with escalation, he would retire a giant for 99% of us.

[/quote]

That's it in a nutshell. Not much we can do if Osi and his agent don't come to terms with management. If Osi is certain we are low balling him and goes somewhere else, then that's what's going to happen. Management isn't going to go crazy with Osi, we have a lot of work to do this off season.

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

no one is 'anti-osi'.

[/quote]

+1 He's not worth what he thinks he is. 8 yrs in the league and only 3 yrs of double digit sacks, and he's weak vs the run. I'd like to keep him, but the price tag, and the whining.

To me, it's not about hating or disliking Osi but giving him more money and years can potentially harm our efforts to lock up young guys like Nicks, Cruz, and JPP to long term deals.

Osi has been a great Giant despite some drama but there's always a time to move on.

All-Pro

Don't confuse hate with realizing there is a salary cap.

Osi himself said that he wants to stay but there is a business side to it.

I don't think the Giants want to get rid of him, but if he is unhappy and they will only get another year out of him it might make sense to trade him. Reese has proven that he can put together a championship team through the draft and FA.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

no one is 'anti-osi'.

[/quote]

not to discredit you or please dont take this the wrong way. but after the superbowl or even during the run to the superbowl did osi state what he would accept a a reasonable offer? he didn't not say he wanted to be paid top DE money that's what reese offered him.

imho i think reese didn't expect tuck to be a consistent standout dominant DE after the 2007 season, he was drafted in the third round. no one really saw him becoming the force is is now i mean he showed flashes but not what he has shown too date. i think reese did it in good faith cause at that time losing strahan we had first round kiwi, 3rd round tuck and 7th round tolley. he probably thought osi the successor to strahan, would be extra motivated to a new top DE contract promise. he failed cuase of injury that's unexpected but 2010 was a great season for him and 2011 is another good season for him.

im not saying reese is a bad GM im saying he should of never stirred the bee nest if the bee was happy coming off a superbowl win.

thats all im saying

dude i was here reading all the malcontent, cry baby, one trick pony, bum, washed up, old aging non producing injury prone comments made about osi. the account might look new but i'm not new to these boards.

there are some people who understand there is a salary cap

and then there are others that just straight up hate osi cause hes not a shut up take your pay and play player.

and i don't blame him if i was producing as much as i love the team that drafted me i have a house to play for, car notes and a family to feed.

the anti-osi's know who they are im not saying you guys are but they know who they are.

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

no one is 'anti-osi'.

[/quote]

"no one," is too bold of a statement, sir. You should know better by now. For years, many Giants fans wanted to see Osi leave. Not willing to pay him and not wanting him to play are two different things...

So is JPP giving up some of the money he is going to get when his rookie contract is negotiated? If he does then good for him and it would be great to keep Osi.

But you know there is a salary cap, right?

Who are we letting go to pay for Osi? Manningham? Weatherford? TT? Ross? Jacobs? Kiwi?

The question is, will Osi take less money for the team and step back from the spotlight when given a chance to walk, such as Kiwi did.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells