+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Kurt Warner is over-rated.

He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

Be quiet Warner. Eli is BETTER than you.

Re: Kurt Warner is over-rated.

[quote user="NYBlue10"]He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

Be quiet Warner. Eli is BETTER than you.[/quote] I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said.

MUCH better.

[quote user="NYBlue10"]He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

Be quiet Warner. Eli is BETTER than you.[/quote]

You took out of context what he said about Eli not being a lock NOW,....the key word is now. And he's right. Eli is just now coming into himself. He had a great year, and yes 2 superbowls, not many QBs can say that. But warner meant he isn't a lock right this second. He doesn't have to win more SBs to get in, but now be consistent with is play. Meaning he can't throw another 25 ints next year. He didn't knock the kid, just made a factual statement in his opinion.
    I miss Red Hook!

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="NYBlue10"]He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

Be quiet Warner. Eli is BETTER than you.[/quote] I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said.[/quote]
    He said Eli is not consistent enough, this coming from who plain SUCKED in New York? Warner has no business criticizing Eli's consistency.

[quote user="NYBlue10"][quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="NYBlue10"]He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

Be quiet Warner. Eli is BETTER than you.[/quote] I don't think there was anything wrong with what he said.[/quote]
    He said Eli is not consistent enough, this coming from who plain SUCKED in New York? Warner has no business criticizing Eli's consistency.[/quote] But it's true, Eli isn't consistent. He's not saying there is no say he'll my get into the hall of fame, but he needs to produce consistent numbers.

MUCH better.

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="NYBlue10"][quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="NYBlue10"]He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

He said Eli is not consistent enough, this coming from who plain SUCKED in New York? Warner has no business criticizing Eli's consistency.[/quote] But it's true, Eli isn't consistent. He's not saying there is no say he'll my get into the hall of fame, but he needs to produce consistent numbers.[/quote]

You may want to take a look at Eli's numbers season to season. He's more consistent than you think...

or have been told???
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

My only issue with what Kurt Warner had to say is...who is he to talk? The guy had 6 productive seasons in the nfl. Eli will have met or surpassed every stat warner has posted. Personally, I do not think warner even belongs in a HOF discussion himself after being productive for such a small period of time. Had he played and produced for another 4+ years then yea I get it. But by no means do I hear Kurt Warner's name and think oh man that guy was one of the best qbs to ever play the game. that is my issue with kurt saying what he said.

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="NYBlue10"][quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="NYBlue10"]He is an indoors QB who couldn't hack it in New York.

He said Eli is not consistent enough, this coming from who plain SUCKED in New York? Warner has no business criticizing Eli's consistency.[/quote] But it's true, Eli isn't consistent. He's not saying there is no say he'll my get into the hall of fame, but he needs to produce consistent numbers.[/quote]
    Warner must be referring to last year's INT numbers, well was all of it Eli's fault? No, lot of those passes bounced off the receivers. Was Eli's production numbers bad? Not at all, Eli still won 10 games last season, I just don't see the consistency issue nonsense. 2 titles in 5 years seem very consistent to me.

Kurt is not over rated.

Kurt likes Eli, and he is still close to Coughlin.

What Kurt was getting at was this:

Most of Eli's career, he has been a good QB and has good numbers. That does not get you into the Hall of Fame. That is correct.

It really was not until 2011 that you could say Eli is a great QB.

If Eli puts together 4-5 more seasons like he did in 2011, and couple that with two titles and two SB MVPs, then he is in the conversation.

If Eli and the GIANTS can get to another SB, then he becomes more of a sure thing. If the GIANTS win another SB, and Eli plays well in it, then he is a lock.

Bottom Line: Eli is now a top-5 QB. If he stays one throughout the rest of his prime, then he gets to Canton someday.

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]Kurt is not over rated.

Kurt likes Eli, and he is still close to Coughlin.

What Kurt was getting at was this:

Most of Eli's career, he has been a good QB and has good numbers.* That does not get you into the Hall of Fame.* That is correct.

It really was not until 2011 that you could say Eli is a great QB.

If Eli puts together 4-5 more seasons like he did in 2011, and couple that with two titles and two SB MVPs, then he is in the conversation.

If Eli and the GIANTS can get to another SB, then he becomes more of a sure thing.* If the GIANTS win another SB, and Eli plays well in it, then he is a lock.

Bottom Line: Eli is now a top-5 QB.* If he stays one throughout the rest of his prime, then he gets to Canton someday.
    [/quote]
    I disagree, Warner is TOTALLY OVER-RATED. He is indoors-only QB. If Eli doesn't belong in HOF right now, Warner is even farther out.