+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

VICTOR CRUZ: "I FEEL LIKE I DESERVE TO BE PAID MORE MONEY AT THIS POINT"

VICTOR CRUZ: "I FEEL LIKE I DESERVE TO BE PAID MORE MONEY AT THIS POINT"

"Last year, Victor Cruz
    earned $450,000. In return, the Giants received a franchise record for
    receiving yardage, with 1,536 yards.

Next year, Cruz is due to make $490,000. He believes he should get more.

Appearing on a special non-live edition of PFT Live, Cruz talked
    about winning the Vizio Top Value Performer Award, which goes to the NFL player
    who does the most for the least money. I told Victor that, several weeks ago,
    finalist Matt Forte said
    he’d prefer not to be nominated for the award, because it means he’s underpaid.
    So I asked Victor if he thinks he’s underpaid.

“I think I was paid, you know, relative to where I came in this year and, you
    know, I came in as a free agent so that’s the salary I was on, so I don’t feel
    like I was underpaid,” Cruz said. “I mean, I feel like after my performance
    this year, you know, I feel like I deserve to be paid more money at this point.
    But that’s something I’ll let my agents and those people take care of and I’ll
    just go out there and play the game.”

He’s right. And he has every right to speak his mind. Undrafted and
    strapped in 2010 with a three-year deal that pays minimum base salaries, he has
    now earned much more than that.

That doesn’t mean he’s destined to become a diva. I’ve interviewed him
    multiple times now, and Cruz seems like a kid who genuinely appreciates what has
    happened, understands how he got here, and won’t forget where he came from. But
    the Giants need to reward him for what he’s done, and for what they’ll
    undoubtedly be expecting him to do — especially if the team lets Mario
    Manningham
    leave via free agency.

The full Cruz interview will be showing up soon in the right rail, by
    clicking the PFT Live box. The interview also will be posted on
    iTunes."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

Re: VICTOR CRUZ: "I FEEL LIKE I DESERVE TO BE PAID MORE MONEY AT THIS POINT"

oh boy, sure he does, but jees ... well, i guess we should be glad that nobody waited to raid our coaching staff, but now we have the obligatory ... i'm a champ, i'm a stud, pay ME !!

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]VICTOR CRUZ: "I FEEL LIKE I DESERVE TO BE PAID MORE MONEY AT THIS POINT"

"Last year, Victor Cruz
    earned $450,000. In return, the Giants received a franchise record for
    receiving yardage, with 1,536 yards.

Next year, Cruz is due to make $490,000. He believes he should get more.

Appearing on a special non-live edition of PFT Live, Cruz talked
    about winning the Vizio Top Value Performer Award, which goes to the NFL player
    who does the most for the least money. I told Victor that, several weeks ago,
    finalist Matt Forte said
    he’d prefer not to be nominated for the award, because it means he’s underpaid.
    So I asked Victor if he thinks he’s underpaid.

“I think I was paid, you know, relative to where I came in this year and, you
    know, I came in as a free agent so that’s the salary I was on, so I don’t feel
    like I was underpaid,” Cruz said. “I mean, I feel like after my performance
    this year, you know, I feel like I deserve to be paid more money at this point.
    But that’s something I’ll let my agents and those people take care of and I’ll
    just go out there and play the game.”

He does deserve more...and will get it. KID IS A STARRRRRRRRRRR

He’s right. And he has every right to speak his mind. Undrafted and
    strapped in 2010 with a three-year deal that pays minimum base salaries, he has
    now earned much more than that.

That doesn’t mean he’s destined to become a diva. I’ve interviewed him
    multiple times now, and Cruz seems like a kid who genuinely appreciates what has
    happened, understands how he got here, and won’t forget where he came from. But
    the Giants need to reward him for what he’s done, and for what they’ll
    undoubtedly be expecting him to do — especially if the team lets Mario
    Manningham
    leave via free agency.

The full Cruz interview will be showing up soon in the right rail, by
    clicking the PFT Live box. The interview also will be posted on
    iTunes."

[/quote]

Veteran

Cruz will not become a diva...his agent will!

I was wondering when this was going to come up.

[quote user="G-Man67"]oh boy, sure he does, but jees ... well, i guess we should be glad that nobody waited to raid our coaching staff, but now we have the obligatory ... i'm a champ, i'm a stud, pay ME !![/quote]

It's hard to argue the logic of his position.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Hold on to your butt cheeks gentlemen. The offseason has arrived!

I feel like I deserve to be paid more money at this point as well, and if anyone asked me I would answer the question the same way. So I don't blame any player for answering that way.

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Hold on to your butt cheeks gentlemen. The offseason has arrived![/quote]

I just hope they do whatever it is they need to do behind closed doors.

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"]oh boy, sure he does, but jees ... well, i guess we should be glad that nobody waited to raid our coaching staff, but now we have the obligatory ... i'm a champ, i'm a stud, pay ME !![/quote]

He is a stud, but I don't understand the money thing! I thought they got keys to the city! What do they need money for? /s