+ Reply to Thread

IS HIXON DONE FOREVER?

Id love to see him return...before his injury, I thought he would have a hell of a season.

All-Pro

Re: IS HIXON DONE FOREVER?

that's a tough one ... 2 major injuries for a guy, who is a spot WR, but mainly a returner/STer ... we really do need a solid return guy, but Jernigan was used at KR ... maybe he can also return punts ... i think that was part of the motivation for bringing in a smallish WRs like him anyway

T2 tore his ACL twice and he seems to be on his way to being signed. I would love to see Hixon back, our return game is bad and an additional WR will not hurt.

He's still under contract but it's going to be a medical call more than anything else. He's a great versatile player we could use on both ST and offense. But can his knee stand up after two surgeries? Tough question to answer at this point.

The GIANTS medical folks were dead on with Steve Smith so I'm guessing Reese will be guided by what they say. Fortunately, Hixon was injured before the season really got going and has had all this time to rehab. I thought it was interesting that he was at the parade.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I really don't understand why the NFL/medical community can't invent a knee brace that prevents A/MCL tears!!

I know we want our players running, moving and cutting at top speed, but how bad would it be to have something that merely prevents or decreases the DANGEROUS range of motion?!?